Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CC2019 and CC2018 crash on start, CC2017 doesn't crash

Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2018 Nov 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I have a strange problem with Premiere Pro since 2 days.

I have been using CC2018 the whole year for different projects, without any problems.

Then 2 days ago it suddenly started to crash on start.

I just start it and then do nothing (not even move the mouse) but wait for about 1 minute, then the "crash report" pops up.

So I noticed there is already the CC2019. I updated, and same problem with CC2019: it crashes on start after about 1:20minutes (bit longer but still crashes).

So then i downgraded to the old CC2017 and there is NO problem. No crash, it seems to run stable.

My system:

- Windows 10 Pro 64bit

- Dell XPS 15 9570

- i7-8750G 2.2GHz

- 32GB RAM

- 1TB Hardisc

- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050Ti

I tried without success:

- running as administrator

- start with ctrl-alt-shift to clear prefs

- manually deleted media cache

- completely deinstalled all adobe products incl. creative cloud app

- complete new install of creative cloud, then CC2019 (crash) then CC2018 (crash) then CC2017 (no crash)

This is really weird, because everything worked fine for so long with CC2018.

So I assume something else has changed in my system, that suddenly causes CC2018 and the new CC2019 to crash.

But I cant figure out what. I don't recall any recent Windows-Update. And I didn't install any new software.

Any ideas?

At the moment I restarted my current project with CC2017 in order to be able to work.

But I of course have several unfinished CC2018 projects that I can't open anymore.

Cheers,

Matthias

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 09, 2018 Nov 09, 2018

hmmm.... ok i think i fixed it by myself.

but maybe interesting to other people what happened:

it seems there was a driver update for the Intel UHD Graphics 630, the integrated graphics card of my notebook.

i figured out, that actually the LAST TWO versions of that driver (.6373 and .6326) both cause my cc2018 nd cc2019 to crash.

i rolled back to driver version .6323, because that was the last one before my vacation (i was awy for 3 weeks) that seemed to have worked. so it seems after my vacation th

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2018 Nov 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hmmm.... ok i think i fixed it by myself.

but maybe interesting to other people what happened:

it seems there was a driver update for the Intel UHD Graphics 630, the integrated graphics card of my notebook.

i figured out, that actually the LAST TWO versions of that driver (.6373 and .6326) both cause my cc2018 nd cc2019 to crash.

i rolled back to driver version .6323, because that was the last one before my vacation (i was awy for 3 weeks) that seemed to have worked. so it seems after my vacation the driver updated itself somehow to a newer version which causes problems.

i managed to "force/convince" my notebook to KEEP the old driver version and now the crashes disappeared!

(its a pain in the a..., needed to uninstall the driver, made sure internet connection disabled, then manually installed the old driver).

i have no idea what is the exact explanation for that behaviour. i am just happy to have it fixed.

maybe someone else understands better, what premiere pro is doing there during startup and why the intel driver can cause a crash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 14, 2018 Nov 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem and just downgraded my Intel UHD Graphics 630 to version .6323.
Download Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows® 10
Premiere and After Effects now work perfectly.

Hope this will be fixed soon with future updates.

Thanks Matthias !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 14, 2018 Nov 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

i am glad that worked for you too 🙂

yay, my first adobe-fix/workaround! 😄

my notebook automatically updated the driver again last night, not sure why.

so again i had to manually rollback to 6323.

i keep that driver as unpacked zip in my download folder.

so when i have to rollback i simply:

- go offline (scary, i know)

- open device manager

- display adapters -> intel 630 -> right click -> properties

- tab "driver" -> uninstall device -> check checkbox "delete driver software for this device" -> uninstall!

- the display switches to a default driver/resolution then, dont worry about that (external displays dont work etc)

- now i usually just wait a few minutes until windows has recovered from this "shock" and magically finds the 6232-driver in my download folder. the display adapter reloads and everything looks smooth again.

sounds a bit like magic, but somehow works for me, in case i have to rollback the driver AGAIN tomorrow... (stupid windows).

of course i hope it will somewhen work with the latest driver. either intel fixes it, or adobe, lets see...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines