• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Smart Previews + Previews missing in Outsourcing catalog.

New Here ,
Nov 14, 2018 Nov 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all,

So I have a pal who is sending me her Catalog .lrcat file, previews.lrdata file and smartpreviews.lrdata file to me through dropbox so I can help her edit the images and send them back to her. For some reason when I open the catalog on my end everything is missing. There is no preview of the images and the photos still say "photo is missing". We have tried again and again to create a new catalog and build smart previews and for some reason it continues not to work on my end.

When she opens the catalog on her end, it shows there are original files + Smart previews for the images... what am I missing here? Help!?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 14, 2018 Nov 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you sure everything is fully synced? The previews and smart previews aren’t a single file. On Windows it’s a normal folder, on MacOS it’s a so-called package. That is a folder that looks like a file. Consequently, it’s possible that you see the previews and smart previews, but that the contents is not fully synced yet. Maybe you should ask the other party to zip the catalog folder, so you will know that everything came accross.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2020 Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im having this SAME problem, with no solution yet. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You do know that the photos are not part of the catalog, correct?

The catalog is a database containing records of where the photos are stored, and what edits you have accomplished.

The Preview files/folder are small JPEG files that are copys of the various edit states that have occured for the various scales (standard, 1:1 etc)

So where are the photos stored? Not on your computer, then LrC will state they are missing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You might try sharing smart previews

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines