• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Typewriter effect created in AE no longer editable in Premiere

Community Beginner ,
Nov 14, 2018 Nov 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a composition in After Effects that I imported into Premiere Pro for names to appear with a "typewriter effect."

Much like this: How to get a Typewriter Effect Premiere Pro - YouTube

The cool thing about it was that I created one composition in AE and once I imported it into Premiere via Dynamic Link, Premiere (prior to installing the 2019 versions) used to let me edit the text in Effect Controls so I didn't have to keep creating new compositions in After Effects.

Since downloading 2019 versions, the original composition works, but when I duplicate and edit it, the text changes, but the FONT is lost. It uses a really basic, ugly font instead of the nice cursive I had created in AE. Anyone know how to fix this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nicole

There is no need to do it this way any more. You now have mogrt functionality (motion graphic templates). SO basically you create something in AE with whatever type of effect you want, save it as a a template and bring it into PP where the text is fully editable.

I suggest you look into this as its a really great tool to use. Fast and no need to wait on long render previews in PP.

What do you mean when you say you "created the cursive font" in AE?

Could you perhaps share a screenshot

Mo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mo,

I just meant that I used a specific font when I created the .aep file in AE, but when I try to edit the text in Premiere, it suddenly switches that font to a default font and won't let me change it (or I don't know where to change it).

Are the motion graphic templates something I would create in AE or Premiere? And is that a new feature for the 2019 software?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Motion graphics templates (mogrts) can be created either in Ae or PrPro.

There are differences, chiefly two: there are far more text and animation items available in Ae, and mogrts made in Ae can be created with only selected items added to the EGP panel. Then, when used in PrPro, only the items that were included in the EGP in Ae can be changed in PrPro. So you can say lock down text for company name/branding and still allow other changes by the user in PrPro.

Mogrts made in PrPro can have anything changed by the user.

Jarle Leirpoll is one of the earliest ... creators ... of the entire thing that's become mogrts. He wrote a book on creating mogrts in Ae for use in PrPro, and while they were checking it for him for absolute correctness of all items, they liked it enough they have the book now on their website for all users:

Leirpoll ebook, Making Mogrts: https://adobe.ly/makemogrts

It includes all sorts of things, is easy to follow, and ... includes the JavaScript expressions to animate things you supposedly can't do. (I was the proof-reader as it was being written ... )

Take a glance through that, you'll have a very good idea of what can be done.

And ... mogrts can be shared via Adobe CC Libraries, a very handy way to distribute them among your staff or clients.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not to derail the OPs question but I had to reply to this. R Neil Haugen​ this is amazing. Do u know if I can get a hard copy of the book and from where. Fantastic that you were on the proof read. I really would like to read the book, I have downloaded the pdf and will go through it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 15, 2018 Nov 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you'd just need to print it out. And yes, it's an amazing resource, very easy to understand & use.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All, this is a GAME CHANGER. Thanks for the help, totally learned something new that will add to the quality of our productions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Nicole uninstall that font and reinstall it. If you see an error or it says its corrupt install it anyway. Then launch Premiere and it will read the font. Someone yesterday had the similar issue and the solution I offered worked.

Let me know

Mo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines