• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Windows 10 1809 update, Office 365, Acrobat DC - PDFMaker not working in Word and Word only

New Here ,
Nov 16, 2018 Nov 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Windows got updated to 1809 yesterday, along an Office 365 update. There was an Acrobat DC update as well a bit earlier (2019.008.20081). All the softwares are up to date at the date of this writing.

So, after applying the 1809 update, PDFMaker stopped working in Word. The Acrobat ribbon is there, the buttons inside are grayed out. File > Save as Adobe PDF is grayed out as well. In Word (1810, build 11001.20108). It works as usual in Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.

I removed the addin, added it back (Word launched as admin). I uninstalled Acrobat DC and reinstalled it. The issue is still there.

Weirdly, my laptop is unaffected. Same software versions.

Any idea how to get PDFMaker to activate and work again?

Thanks folks!

edit:

Word > Export > Create Adobe PDF ain't grayed out, but when trying to create a PDF from there, Word crashes saying it is running into problems with the pdfmaker.officeaddin and offers to disable it.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi estelledc,

As per the issue description mentioned above, PDF maker is not working in MS Word after installing update, is that correct?

Could you check if you are able to access the following setting in Acrobat:

Launch Acrobat > click Edit > Preferences > Convert to PDF > Microsoft Office word

Click Edit setting. Does that bring up Adobe PDF settings?

Also, try repairing MS Word by going clicking  Start button >  Apps and Features

Select MS Word to repair, and select Modify.

If issue still persists, try troubleshooting steps given in the following help document:

Troubleshoot Acrobat PDFMaker issues in Microsoft Office on Windows

Let us know if you need any help.

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, thanks for your reply Shivam.

I can open the settings in Acrobat DC, all good.

I forgot to mention it, but I repaired Office (ProPlus) as a whole before posting. Didn't work. As for the other troubleshooting docs, I checked pretty much everything obvious, from removing / adding the add-in, checking the registry, Normal.dotm, repaired all the things...

I still end up with a ribbon with disabled buttons. Not the slightest idea why.

Internet seems clueless as well at this moment. Annoying. (Printing with Adobe PDF works, there is that.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 20, 2018 Nov 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi estelledc,

Thanks for the screenshot.

Could you try replicating the issue in a new user account by clicking Settings  > Accounts  > Family & other people > Add someone else to this PC,  login into that account, and check if options under Acrobat tab in MS Word are enabled?

-Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2018 Nov 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Shivam,

Well, I should have tried that but it didn't came to my mind.

So yes, it works as it should on a fresh account : not logged in Adobe CC nor Office 365. Messed up settings somewhere, I guess. Any idea how to fix that?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 21, 2018 Nov 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi estelledc,

Please try the troubleshooting steps given in the following help document to resolve issue with the specific user account:

Troubleshoot unexpected behavior in specific user account

-Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines