• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't uninstall old Lightroom / Bridge versions

Participant ,
Oct 15, 2018 Oct 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hoping someone can help as Adobe Support apparently can't...

I have a old version of Lightroom Classic CC (7.0.1) and Bridge (8.) lingering on my PC and I can't remove them. The Add/ remove programs dialogue on Windows 10 says they are there but the Creative Cloud app only shows the latest version. I have clicked uninstall 10+ times but nothing happens.

I have now deleted Lightroom CC and Bridge using the Creative Cloud app but Windows still says the old ones are there. Seeing as I have deleted them in Creative CIoud, the Creative Cloud Cleanup tool which I downloaded doesn't recognise either app as being installed, therefore doesn't give an option to uninstall.

So... Creative Cloud says the old apps aren't there but Windows says they are. Any idea how I can delete them, seeing as the Cleanup tool doesn't work?

Many thanks for any help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mattstix,

Sorry to hear about this, as you're trying to remove older version of apps, I would recommend you to use the Cleaner tool to remove these apps: Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems  , make sure you are selecting the correct version from the list to remove.

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sahil thanks but I made it very clear above, the Cleaner Tool doesn't give the option to remove Lightroom - it is not recognising the presence of the old version. Therefore, there is no way of using the tool to remove it.

As per this screenshot, there is no associated icon with the installation in Windows... the cleanup tool DOESN'T WORK.

2 versions of Lightroom, can't remove the old one

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 15, 2018 Nov 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

marking your own answer as helpful? When it isn’t  REMOTELY helpful?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By "Windows says they are" are you referring to:

An icon still remains on your desktop

(as in this screen shot, icon placed near taskbar, and icon in taskbar)

A line item exists in your start menu

(as in this example)

In Apps and Features, they show up

(as in this example)

mind you, my examples are probably cleaner than your reality, as I do not have your issue. Just trying to use pictures in place of my poor words.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Genuinely I appreciate and understand the step by step screen prints... and I fully understand why everyone keeps screaming “use the uninstall tool”. Look at your final screen shot and look at mine.

These come from from the ”uninstall“ dialogue in windows 10.

However, note the various versions of Lightroom on yours possess a defined icon. Notice that mine does not

uninstalling from my screen above creates a loop into the Creative Cloud app which never removes the version of Lr above that, as I CLEARLY STATE, has no icon since neither CC app nor windows can remove it

So while I remain eternally grateful for the presumptive screen shots, all I want is for Adobe staff to READ IN DETAIL what I’ve written

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your screenshot did not show up with your reply.

But any how. By the Creative Cloud Cleaner Utility you mean of course that at: Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

Ok, I will not go back and see if that page instructs you clearly (actually that page is not exactly clear) on a step that may be missing. How, about instead an alternate path:

1. In the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop app, uninstall the applications, Lightroom, Photoshop, etc.

2. In Windows Apps/Features UNINSTALL THE ADOBE CREATIVE CLOUD DESKTOP APP.  (yelling at Adobe)

3. As you did, attempt more removals via Windows App/Features.. Not sure if a reboot between step 2 and 3 is needed

4. Might want to reboot.

5. Go and run that Adobe Creative Cloud Cleanup utility

6. might want to run a Registry maintenance/cleanup tool if you have one. Re=boot after running that.

7. Verify the programs are gone.

8. Download a fresh new copy of the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop (some versions have had issues), get the latest

9. Cross fingers, and start reinstalling the CC apps.

10. Start reinstalling third party apps as to get those plugins placed (unless the app has a plugin installer like Luminar and Aurora do)

11. Repair issues with presets, watermarks, file naming templates, metadata templates, etc.

IF you have Info Tech experience, you might consider flushing out all Adobe products, getting rid of every trace in the computer after step 5. This step not for most everybody.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have deliberately kept older versions. I am not and they can’t be removed unless I fresh install windows. Which is a colossal ball ache. So I am asking how to avoid that

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Genuinely appreciate the above. But every time I fully uninstall Lightroom.... the utility then doesn’t offer the option to remove any version of Lightroom.

BUT upon exiting the utility, there is still an old version of Lightroom present

i cant be clearer. The clean up tool DOESN’T WORK

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All of this said, I’ll delete the post but I was just outraged that an Adobe staff member marked their own answer “helpful” 2 months after I clearly replied that their response was inadequate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps I am getting members postings confused with original poster.

Did you try the missing step, after removing LR and PS via the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop, of actually in Windows removing said Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop? It gets in the way of going into windows and removing left over copies/installations of LR and PS.?

Did you then try your Windows Applications/Features to uninstall left over applications? before using the Cleanup tool?

Then run the cleanup tool.

Note, you may be expecting the wrong result from the Cleanup tool. It does not replace normal methods of uninstalling the Creative Cloud applications, it is used to clean up crap (yep crap) that got left behind in an uninstall and perhaps in previous upgrades (that should have uninstalled older copies)

P.S.

I am not Adobe, and I am a new member, so I have not known of your issue till just recently.

Came to this Forum to learn things and present issues in hopes of receiving advice.

Do not worry about hurting  Adobe's feelings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 16, 2018 Nov 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks and appreciate the above.

Yes have tried all all of these I’m afraid.

I still have lingering copies of Lightroom and Bridge that the CC app doesn’t recognise and that Windows can’t uninstall.

I will probably have to clean install Windows which is just an epic pain in the backside!

thanks again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 16, 2018 Nov 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok, your Lightroom and Bridge that will not uninstall. Do you have actual shortcut icons?, Do you have actual lines when you click on start over in the bottom  left corner? Or do these only show up in the Windows Apps/Features as applications?

And if you have any of those icons or line items in start, does clicking on them bring up the program?

Are you sure that these are not orphaned application listings?

I may have listed as an optional step, running a registry maintenance tool. Looks like you need that as a mandatory step. Do you have one? Something like Iolo System Mechanic, others exist: https://www.techradar.com/news/the-best-free-registry-cleaner-2017

Provide a screenshot of where you are seeing the old software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines