Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dynamic Link causes Premier to lock up in Windows 10 environment

New Here ,
Nov 16, 2018 Nov 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good afternoon,

I was hoping that today's update would correct the issue I have been having since upgrading to CC2019 for both After Effects and Premier Pro.  My current work flow had been to edit video and then overlay motion graphics from After Effects.  I can no longer do so as anytime I try to import or link to an After Effects file the applications lock up and have to be shut down using Task Manager.

Can anyone help me to resolve this?

Working around this adds a several hour process so not acceptable, but a must as work must continue.

Thank you

Windows 10

Intel Core I7 2.30 GHz

16 GB ram

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 16, 2018 Nov 16, 2018

Hi there, Swig3D!

That sounds really time-consuming. I'm so sorry the dynamic link is malfunctioning on you. I have a couple of suggestions that tend to de-clog the workflow within the software.

1. FAQ: How to reset (trash) preferences in Premiere Pro?

2. Is your driver completely up to date? I would recommend going to the manufacturer's website and downloading directly from there.

3. FAQ: How to clean (delete or trash) media cache files?

While you're working on these general troubleshoots, I'm goi

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, Swig3D!

That sounds really time-consuming. I'm so sorry the dynamic link is malfunctioning on you. I have a couple of suggestions that tend to de-clog the workflow within the software.

1. FAQ: How to reset (trash) preferences in Premiere Pro?

2. Is your driver completely up to date? I would recommend going to the manufacturer's website and downloading directly from there.

3. FAQ: How to clean (delete or trash) media cache files?

While you're working on these general troubleshoots, I'm going to ask around the office and see if anyone has a more specific idea!

-Caroline

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Caroline!!! that was exactly what it needed.  It only worked once I did steps 1 and 3.  My drivers were already up to date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines