Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The selected preset does not support the audio channel type of the clip

Explorer ,
Nov 16, 2018 Nov 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

I have clips in *.mp4 and *.mkv and each of them has about 4 tracks. I wanna make a DNxHR (I think they're called like DNX HQ 1080p) proxy, but I get this error "The selected preset does not support the audio channel type of the clip".

I don't know how to solve it but I try to change the format to QuickTime GoPro Cineform and make a preset in Media Encoder. But this way it makes not a proxy but transcode, but I've set in Inject setting the Proxies, not Transcode and in preset's setting I've chosen the proxies option.

How to solve it?

Here is an example short clip 2018-10-20 00-42-21.mp4 — Yandex.Disk

I'm using CC 2019.

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 16, 2018 Nov 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The file you supplied has 4 stereo channels and DNxHR/DNxHD MXF OP1a export does not currently support that type of audio channel. The only Format that currently support that type of audio channel is QuickTime.

Create Encoding Preset > set Format: QuickTime and Video Codec (under Video tab) to DNxHR/DNxHD. Then change settings to your liking (remember that you can only choose Match Source for Height/Width or Frame Rate, not both, as setting both to Match Source will create a Transcode preset. Height/Width or Frame Rate must be set to a set value). Then Create Ingest Preset, only check the "Transcode files to Destination" (under Transfer), set Format: QuickTime and choose your Encode Preset.

You can find more helpful information about Proxies at: Adobe Premiere Pro Help | Ingest and Proxy Workflow in Adobe Premiere Pro CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Oct 03, 2022 Oct 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that was in 2018. i'm still getting warnings about making h264 proxies for a clip called A002C001_220919_R4P6.mov .... no your metadata doesnt tell me the make/model of the camera. please solve this because if i use the cineform codec instead and then try to take the project on the road with me, my premiere version on my m1 macbook pro doesnt recognize cineform as a codec. @Trent Happel 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, rachinc1,

Cineform is not supported on the M1 Mac. Sorry. I recommend switching to ProRes Proxy or the like.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

what about solving the issue of not being able to make h264 proxies for the clip described above?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines