Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Canon EOS R Raw File Support - Updated Lightroom but still no support

New Here ,
Nov 16, 2018 Nov 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have recently purchased the new Canon EOS R and have completely updated all Adobe products through creative cloud, including Lightroom Classic CC; version is now updated to Lightroom Classic version: 7.5 [ 1186149 ].

When I go to import the files from my SD card, the CR3 filenames show, but I am unable to see the actual photos.  When I click on one of the photos, I receive a message, "could not read preview".

Am I doing something wrong?  Please advise.  thanks.

Regards.

Mark.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need Lightroom 8.0.

The sometimes confusing Cloud updating process is correctly reporting that there are no updates for 7.5 but there is a brand new version 8.0 waiting in the Cloud desktop app, providing your operating system supports it.

Which operating system are you running?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks John.  I did wonder if there was an issue but the software told me the most recent version was installed.  I am on a mac and all IOS updates available are installed.  Any other ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on a mac and all IOS updates available are installed.

Can you confirm that? Exactly which operating system, and which version number, is listed?

Find out which macOS your Mac is using - Apple Support

Any other ideas?

Try Available updates not listed for Adobe Creative Cloud applications​

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If your copy of Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop App is reporting that your Creative Cloud applications are up to date, and up to date means v 7.5, well then your Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop application needs to be updated. In fact replaced. A new install. A problem occurred a few versions ago with just that situation.

Go to the Creative Cloud product web page and download a fresh new copy.

Download Adobe Creative Cloud apps | Free Adobe Creative Cloud trial

And after you have your new Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop up and running, make sure it is checking itshelf for updates:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply.

I have tried to reinstall the creative cloud just now and I am able to do a repair but if I need to do a fresh install it says I will need to uninstall the other adobe apps as the creative cloud is required.  I don't really want to do that unless I'm absolutely sure its going to fix it.

With the repair, it seemed to install the app again anyhow but still the version for Lightroom classic CC shows an up-to-date version of v7.5, which is obviously not correct.  Any other ideas?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, why did I not mention this earlier. (edit/opps, I did, did not mean to be snide)

A couple of version upgrades back, for the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop Application, an issue was resolved. Turns out it was reporting the Creative Cloud Apps as up to date when in fact they were not.

Solution is to update the Adobe Creative Cloud desktop.

Available at:

Download Adobe Creative Cloud apps | Free Adobe Creative Cloud trial

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In Windows Apps/features, remove Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop, reboot, Go to the link for Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop and download a fresh new copy, install that one.

In the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop App, you can click in the correct places (the three dots) and see the version:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines