Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro CC 2019 crashes on startup

New Here ,
Nov 15, 2018 Nov 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone

I had an BSOD - "Bad_Pool_Caller", and after the restart, premiere pro CC 2019 just wont start.

It gets stuck during initialization on the "Importerquicktime.prm" plugin.

I have tried reinstalling all video related CC apps, renaming the plugins folder, running the app as admin and clearing out the Temp folder in app_Data.

The only thing that worked was to create a new windows account and open premiere there.

However I would really not want to do all the windows user setup just because I got an BSOD.

Does anyone know which user settings have this effect on premiere? any ideas on how I can avoid having to setup a complete new user?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 19, 2018 Nov 19, 2018

Hi KimDT,

Can you find the file here? %APPDATA%\Adobe\Common\Essential Sound\SharedTags.json

If so, please remove it and see if the situation returns to normal after restarting Premiere Pro.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 16, 2018 Nov 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi kimdt272,

Sorry for the launch issue. Does the old user profile have Administrator privileges?

Try running the application as an Administrator and check if the issue persists: Run an Adobe program as administrator | Windows 7, Vista

Let us know the status.

Thanks,

Vidya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2018 Nov 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Vidya

Yes, both users have admin rights, and I have also tried to run the app as admin on the "first" original windows account.

It seems to have happened after a BSOD that somehow corrupted some user setting/files that premiere uses?

I was reading through this thread: Premiere Pro CC 2019 stuck and crashes at initializing

some others seem to have same or similar issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2018 Nov 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. Adobe better fix it soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi KimDT,

Can you find the file here? %APPDATA%\Adobe\Common\Essential Sound\SharedTags.json

If so, please remove it and see if the situation returns to normal after restarting Premiere Pro.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm that deleting this file on the user account that's preventing Adobe Premiere Pro will work to fix the problem:

C:\Users\YOUR USER FOLDER\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Common\Essential Sound/SharedTags

If you can't get there, go to any open folder and at the top under View;check show hidden files.

This file will NOT delete just by right clicking and deleting it. It will say it cannot be deleted because it's in use. Even with closing all Adobe related files in task manager, it still was unable to be deleted because 'System' is using it.

1. You have to force delete it either through your command prompt, or by installing a program that does it for you.
  2. I used a free program called lock hunter: https://lockhunter.com/download.htm
  3. https://lockhunter.com/download.htmAfter you install lockhunter, you can right click the SharedTags file and go to 'What is locking this file?'.
  4. Then lock hunter will open and if you open the 'system' dropdown, it will reveal the SharedTags file.
  5. Select the SharedTags file (Not system)
  6. Hit the delete button below.
  7. It will tell you that you STILL can't delete it because it's in use, so it will ask if you want to delete it when you restart the computer, say yes.
  8. After the restart, it will say successfully deleted.
  9. You'll now be able to start Premiere pro.
  10. Premiere Pro CC will automatically put back in a new SharedTags file into the Essential Sound folder, but this time since the computer didn't crash while in Premiere (yet), that file didn't get corrupted, meaning all is good, until the next crash, which you'll then need to redo this process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 06, 2018 Dec 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, WillBartlett. I can confirm that though deleting the SharedTags.json file has fixed the issue for me, the file has re-appeared twice now, forcing me to go through the same steps. I now need to keep a desktop shortcut to the Essential Sound folder. This is NOT a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 18, 2021 Jan 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I can't locate the file at all! Please help. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2018 Dec 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks WillBrtlett. I had the same problem today, all day

deleting the SharedTags.json has fixed it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2019 Feb 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello I'm on Windows 10 Enterprise, Version 1709, OS Build 16299.785.

I can't find the SharedTags.json file, even with show hidden files selected.

C:\Users\YOUR USER FOLDER\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Common\Essential Sound/SharedTags. not finding it.

If I hit esc, this screen goes away. I can then choose file, open, project & then I'm in Premiere Pro 2019..

Open Screen.PNG

Any Ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DrFoxly,

Have you tried clearing your prefs?

That's the first thing I would try.

Wes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. several times...

Launch/open Premiere Pro by holding down shift + alt until splash screen.

is this a hidden file or folder?  C:\Users\YOUR USER FOLDER\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Common\Essential Sound/SharedTags. I can't find it...

Thank You Wes...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello -

I believe that is a hidden folder - but it sounds like your issue could be different.

If you dismiss the home screen are you good to go?

That is a strange issue. I don't think I've seen that before.  I'd try a quick reinstall of Pr as it should only take a few minutes.

if that doesn't help - please let me know - feel free to send me a PM if you'd like.

Wes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 07, 2019 Mar 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Wes

I have the same problem of DrFoxly and I cannot find the "sharetags" file...

Adobe Rush crashed as well

Thanks for your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2018 Nov 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot Kevin.

This solved the problem, and Premiere is now back up and running.

Really appreciate it.

Regards Kim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2019 Apr 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't find SharedTag as well... I can't open Premier Pro 2019 after updates....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2019 Apr 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is No "sharedtags" file. Premiere pro automatically closes after a few seconds of program launch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Sorry to hear that you’re experiencing issues. Did you recently upgrade to the latest release? 

Are you working on Mac OS?  Recently updated by chance?

Happy to help.

Wes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Upgraded to the latest release, working on Windows 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply.

Have you called Adobe support?

I am currently out of the office but would love to make sure you get this resolved quickly

Support resources are available to assist.

Wes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2019 Apr 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm in the same boat as you right now. Have you found a work-around or fix yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Wes Howell,

Thanks for the prompt reply! Yes. I upgraded Mac's system and to the latest version of Premiere Pro and After Effect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 06, 2019 May 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just after the Premiere 13.1.0 Update windows crashed as soon as I tried to open any project.
It crashed so badly that I needed to do 2 system restores to get windows running again, while trying to fix this problem.
Also other programs like AfterEffect or Photoshop produced those complete win10 crashes.

Removing the mentioned Jason file seems to do the trick for me.
Updating all drivers to latest versions did not do anything to solve my problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 07, 2019 May 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quick correction I'm using 13.1.2 the latest version not 13.1.0 as mentioned above.
Why can't we edit posts our self in the forum..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 06, 2019 May 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I foundanother problem and solution that can make problems with any recent Adobe cc19 App.
Killing the %APPDATA%\Adobe\Common\Essential Sound\SharedTags.json file solved part of it. And I though it did the trick.
I got further but it still crashed on startup.
It seems the final solution is to remove any cpu and gpu overclocking. As soon as I disable my overclocking settings in the Bios the problems seem to have gone away.
A problem that I did not have with previous versions. Also other applications like Resolve, Gimp, transcoding and rendering tools run fine with overclocking under heavy load as long as the system it self stays stable. This is why it took me a while and 2 system restores to find a solution for the current problems...

I read a note from someone who solved it by disabling gpu tuning. But it seems Adobe apps also don't like cpu overclocking as well.

Please Adobe, fix this. We selected and bought our hardware to get maximum performance. Working with a pulled handbrake is not efficient. It can be done as other applications proof.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines