• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Watermark not working

New Here ,
Nov 17, 2018 Nov 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got a new computer a couple weeks ago and downloaded the latest version of LR.  I have downloaded my watermark (png) and it will works.  But as I import new photo's I am having to create and save a new watermark each time.  The watermark using my old computer works fine but not on the new one.  Any suggestions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps you meant to say Export, not Import?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually it is each time I import new photos and then export them to a file.  Say I import new photo's today I have re-set up the watermark.  It will then work for each export if I use "Export with previous".  But if I set up a new Export then it does not work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post a screenshot of your export settings,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is NO Feature to Apply a Watermark during the importing of images. Only during the Exporting process can you place a watermark on the image and only to the new exported image file. The watermark will not show up on the original image.

So you have something confused when you state "When I IMPORT images I have to create a new watermark each time".

More than likely the location you placed your watermark is not correct or you have not used the Watermark editor and selected, then saved, the PNG file you want to use and given it a name.

In the watermark editor you have to select an image file then save it so it shows up in the watermark drop down list. When Exporting you have to make sure that SAVED watermark is selected from the drop down list.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot (1).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK click the little triangle in the drop down for the watermark name and select Edit Watermarks. When the Editor dialog opens select Choose... in the image options section then point it to your PNG file. The save it under a new name. Then TEST with an export.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That does work but I have to do it each time I export and put in a new Pre-Set Name.  I will end up 100's if I have rename after each export.  It won't take a previously saved watermark.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It just worked.  Not sure what I am  doing different but I really appreciate you help.  Thank you so much for helping me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

mth226  wrote

It just worked.  Not sure what I am  doing different but I really appreciate you help.  Thank you so much for helping me.

Who is that a reply TO.

It is best to click the Reply link at the bottom of every post so we know who you are replying to

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Delete all the watermarks, they are in a folder called Watermarks.

Delete the LR Preferences file. Have LR closed when you do that.

Start LR and test.

I would be a good idea to also restart your computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines