• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Tethering has stopped working?

New Here ,
Nov 17, 2018 Nov 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had tethering working great in Lightroom. I then updated the Firmware in my Canon 5D Mk 3 to version 1.3.5 and updated my MacBook Air to Mac Os Mojave version 10.14.1. Now when I try to tether the tether bar shows the make of the camera (indicating its not the cable)  but none of the camera settings are shown (shutter speed, iSO and aperture) as they were before. The shutter button on the tether bar also seems to be active but it does not take a picture when I press it. When i take a picture using the shutter on the camera it is shown on the camera as normal, but the image is not tethered into Lightroom.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

cheers

David

{moved to Lightroom Classic Forum by Moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 18, 2018 Nov 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you were a Fuji shooter, I would absolutely say the issue is your upgrade to Mojave.

Visit the appropriate Canon website for status on tethering plugin vs OS comparability.

hmmm, so I have no clue whee info on that plugin OS Mojave comparability would be, Web search coming up blank.

Incidentally, in your plugin manager, for the Canon Tether plugin, any error message??

Followup

consider this thread

Lightroom Classic CC 7.5 & macOS Mojave: Tethered Shooting

And in it, does updating your Canon Software (EOS utility, etc) even though not specifically for tethering, fix the issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 18, 2018 Nov 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Give it about 30 seconds maybe? There’s a something in Mojave that delays the connection on my 5dsr, fully shows up after 20-30 seconds in two other other capture apps, assume it’s the same with LR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2019 Feb 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi David

Did you manage to fix your tethering issue? I have exactly the same problem. Capture under the Canon EOS utility is working fine however Tethered Capture under Lightroom detects the camera but shows none of the settings & the shutter will not trigger remotely and no images are imported when firing the shutter on the camera. It is not a camera issue as none of my Canon bodies will operate tethered. I am also running 10.14 Mojave on a 2015 Macbook Pro & tethering worked flawlessly before the update. Having to make do with EOS Utility but much prefer Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 17, 2019 Feb 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, having exactly the same issues with a Canon EOS 5D Mk3 running under Mojave and latest update to Lightroom CC.  Haven't found a fix yet, but camera works fine under tethered mode with EOS capture.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 07, 2019 Mar 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems to be working for me under Mojave now since the latest Lightroom update (Lightroom version: CC 2015.5.1).  I didn't change anything else, so I guess it was just a software bug in the earlier Lightroom release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 11, 2019 Mar 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same happened to me and I have the latest lr updates- ugh I shouldn’t have uplates to Mojave’s not sure what to do now!  I think I have to use eos utility for the interim while they figure it out

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2019 Mar 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

anyone found a solution to this problem ? Capture one and LR both don't detect Canon 5D Mark3 after the iOS Mojave software update. Even after the latest updates for Both LR and capture one the issue persists! Need help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2019 Mar 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem. I'm using the 6.9 standalone version of Lightroom and a Canon 5Ds. Everything was working fine until I upgraded to Mojave. Now LR sees my camera, but it doesn't show the shutter speed, aperture, etc The LR shutter button does nothing and the camera shutter button either takes a picture that never transfers over to LR or won't work because the camera says it's busy. I can import images from my camera so I know the interface works (it's not the USB connection on my camera or the USB cable). Has anybody found a solution for this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2019 Mar 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to wipe my MacBook Pro completely, reinstall High Sierra Operating System & restore from a Time Machine backup made prior to upgrading to Mojave. Tethering works perfectly again in Lightroom. It seems that Adobe don’t want to support the desktop focused version of Lightroom so its just another nail in the coffin for those of us who don’t want to use cloud based applications.

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2019 Mar 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a LR pro, my tech guy and the support team from Tethertools trying to help me with this same issue and the bottom line is the Mojave update.  It works perfectly well on my desktop which is still Sierra.  For a pro shoot with my laptop I had to go old school and use the EOS Utility in order to tether and it worked fine but not ideal. Still waiting for Mojave and LR to get in sync!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 03, 2019 Jun 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was struggling the same thing with Capture One 12, it might be useful to try and remove the CF card and use SD only - with my canon 5d mark iii, it magically started working when I removed the CF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines