• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Changing Login Identity?

New Here ,
Nov 16, 2018 Nov 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need help changing my login Name and filling in the rest of the information concerning digital signatures, reviews and comments.  I am NOT looking for patch fixes, such as "create a comment>Menu>Properties>General>[rename author]>Make properties Default" . That doe snot "Fix" the problem which is seen in the screen shot below:

Screen Shot 2018-11-16 at 8.43.40 AM.png

My question is WHERE is the Online Service Preferences>Manage Account found at?  I have logged into my Adobe Acrobat Pro online account and the only thing I can manage is my email and my first and last name see screen shot below:

Screen Shot 2018-11-16 at 8.46.35 AM.png

All I need to know is where to find the online service preferences at, I cannot seem to find it.  I am using macOS, High Sierra 10.13.6

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 19, 2018 Nov 19, 2018

Hi ee7325,

As per the issue description mentioned above, you want to change the login identity for the comments, digital signatures, reviews and comments in Acrobat, is that correct?

Please refer to the following forum threads discussing the similar topic:

how to change log in name? - can't edit the text field

How can change my login name in acrobat? I want use other name in my comments

Change user name for commenting in Acrobat 10.1.4

Changing Login Name in Acrobat Reader

Let us know if you have

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 19, 2018 Nov 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ee7325,

As per the issue description mentioned above, you want to change the login identity for the comments, digital signatures, reviews and comments in Acrobat, is that correct?

Please refer to the following forum threads discussing the similar topic:

how to change log in name? - can't edit the text field

How can change my login name in acrobat? I want use other name in my comments

Change user name for commenting in Acrobat 10.1.4

Changing Login Name in Acrobat Reader

Let us know if you have a further query.

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2022 Mar 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I click on this link, it brings me to a long list of adobe products.  Nothing more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2022 Jul 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 28, 2022 Jul 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's because it points to the old forums system, now defunct, unfortunately.

Try this:

Go to Edit (or the Acrobat menu if you're on a Mac) - Preferences - Commenting and tick off the box next to "Always use Log-In Name for Author name".
Now right-click a comment and select Properties. Go to the General tab and change the Author name. Make sure to also tick the box that says "Make Properties Default".
Click OK, and any new comment you create (from that type) from now on will have your name as the Author by default.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2024 Jan 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been an extremely frustrating exercise for me as well.  Thanks for the workaround.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2024 Mar 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines