• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Timestamp using a server that requires client Certificate authentication.

New Here ,
Oct 23, 2018 Oct 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is anyone having trouble consuming timestamps from a TSA Server that requires client authentication using Certificates?

From my experience, Adobe Reader DC always fails on the first attempt after being freshly opened. If i try to timestamp after the first failure, it works perfectly.

Using Wireshark, i took a look at the packets exchanged in a first attempt:

- I can see the handshake between Reader and the Server occurring without issues

- Reader sends the TSA Request and an immediately shuts down the connection.

- The request is still processed on the server and tries to reply but the connection is already lost.

This behavior seem to shift between Win10 versions.

Any ideias?

Thanks in advance,

J.Gaspar

TOPICS
Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 19, 2018 Nov 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi xnetbug,

Sorry for the delay in response. 

As per the issue description mentioned above,  you are facing issue when trying to timestamp pdfs in Reader, is that correct?

Could you let us know dot version of Reader installed on the machine? You may refer to the steps given in this link on how to check the version in Reader: Identify the product and its version for Acrobat and Reader DC

In the meantime, you may also visit the following forum threads discussing the similar issue:

Autentication Timestamp Server

How do you get Acrobat/Reader to use timestamp server rather than computer clock for "Signing Time"?

Timestamp server authentication issues

Thank You,

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines