• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat DC Pro crashing w/out error message...

Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2018 Nov 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have uninstalled and reinstalled on root drive: I have uninstalled and reinstalled on secondary drive with more free space and the result is the same. Acrobat intermittently, but frequently, crashes when: 1) App window is expanded full screen (32" 3840 X 2160), 2) When creating a PDF portfolio, and, all of a sudden, opening PDFs from Bridge with a double-click rather than drag and drop or Shift + down arrow, either locks up Bridge or takes a long time to open.

I am not having problems with InDesign, Illustrator, or other CC apps.

I have exhausted the Forums re: resetting/adjusting preferences, etc.  Could it be plugins?

Spent way too much time on this...HELP! thanks

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 20, 2018 Nov 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mlapolla,

As per the issue description mentioned above, Acrobat Pro DC is crashing on the machine, could you check if an update is available for Acrobat using check for updates option under Help menu, reboot the machine after installing update and try again. You may also download updates from here: Adobe software and product updates

Also, check if an update is available for the graphics card on the machine? You can check the same by going into the device manager or on the manufacturer's website.

If issue still persists, try the troubleshooting steps given in the following help document:

Resolve Acrobat DC intermittent crashes on Windows

Could you confirm dot version of Acrobat and the operating system installed on the machine? You may refer to the steps given in this link on how to check the version in Acrobat: Identify the product and its version for Acrobat and Reader DC

Let us know if you need any help.

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 27, 2018 Nov 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Shivam,

After doing all of this the problem persisted. Then I got smart; I updated the driver on my graphics card.

So far, only one crash which is likely related to overall system demands and not Acrobat.

Thank you.

Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 28, 2018 Nov 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for sharing your findings with us which will help other users facing a similar issue.

-Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines