• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro Teams, is it our best solution to collaboration?

Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2018 Nov 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have recently payed for a team upgraded subscription for my collaborators. Currently I am working on a feature film where the work is partitioned between me and my coworker who is in a different city. We share the same exact files and folders, with about 550 GB of data (mainly 4k files).

After many failed attempts at the customer service tech support to understand any of our questions, I bring my situation here really hoping I can get some answers as there is time that we can not get back due to all of this.

1. We have already added a more expensive monthly bill for this upgrade.

2. We only purchased this because we spoke with a representative and they confirmed that we could collaborate with the source files simply connected to our respective and identical external hard drives.

3. In order to "share" all of our media via creative cloud, we would need to pay even more for additional cloud data and thus would contradict us each having the same external drives in the first place.

This ultimately brings us to the question of -- how is this any different than simply sending each other project files by email like we used to do, and then importing/copying those sequences into our masters? Is it merely just a version history folder? Even the color labels get preserved in the former method (something very crucial for team editing) and this can't yet be achieved in the team subscription.

The main question is: Is there a work around to simply just have these project files shared/open for edit while still keeping all media offline? (therefore operating off bare minimum cloud storage etc.)  Are we just wasting money?

Lastly I know Adobe also offers shared projects in addition to teams - is there a chance that this can work for two people who are collaborating in different cities?

Someone please help us get to the proper way thats best for us to be collaborating !

** Also I'm aware of the full CC app availability with this subscription, but that added value is not my concern at this moment

Thanks,

John M.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 19, 2018 Nov 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi John,

• Currently I am working on a feature film...
  • After many failed attempts at the customer service tech support...
  • We only purchased this because we spoke with a representative
  • how is this any different than simply sending each other project files by email like we used to do
  • Is there a work around to simply just have these project files shared/open for edit while still keeping all media offline? (therefore operating off bare minimum cloud storage etc.)  Are we just wasting money?
  • is there a chance that this can work for two people who are collaborating in different cities?

I think you may have gotten some bad info. "Team Projects" is best for collaborating on a series of short projects with a large team. The "shared project workflow" is the more ideal one for smaller teams working on a single large project, like a feature film or doc.

While I probably can't answer everyone one of your posts in a single throw, I advise you to search out articles and YouTube videos by our Hollywood team member, Karl Soulé. That's where I was able to find out most of the most salient info about working on a feature film.

Hope that helps.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines