• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 6 draining PC battery - help!

New Here ,
Nov 19, 2018 Nov 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been editing using lightroom 6 on my PC for several years now and have noticed in recent months that every time I'm editing without my computer plugged into the charger, it dies almost instantly. This only occurs when I'm using lightroom. I am not sure if I need to delete a bunch of old folders or what I would do to solve this issue. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Nov 19, 2018 Nov 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Laptop batteries eventually fail over time. 2,3,4 years or so. What you are describing sounds like that. Check with the manufacturer for a replacement battery. You can probably find a video on Youtube showing how to do the job yourself.

You probably notice it happens sooner because of the way LR uses the processor, hard drive, etc.

Ken Seals - Nikon Z 9, Z 8, 14mm-800mm. Computer Win 11 Pro, I7-8700K, 64GB, RTX3070TI. Travel machine: 2021 MacBook Pro M1 MAX 64GB. All Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines