Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photos and folders of past Imports not shown on new PC

New Here ,
Apr 03, 2018 Apr 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

my old PC on which I was using Lightroom CC (at my working-place) was changed. Lightroom CC was installed there.

Now Lightroom seems to be "virgin". Not one of my in the past imported and processed or finished photos or theyr folders could be shown or found. Every adjustment I've made seem to be lost.

I tryed to open my Lightroom Catalog. But this didn't help. Lightroom tells, the Catalog is found. But still nothing could be displayed.

This Problem is not new to me. In privat two PC's crashed and after installing Lightroom I had to import every photo again. All my processin was lost than.

Because I don't want to have this problem again, I ask here.

Could anybody help?

Thank you very much.

Regards, Claudia

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please clarify -- do you mean Lightroom CC or Lightroom Classic CC??

Now Lightroom seems to be "virgin". Not one of my in the past imported and processed or finished photos or theyr folders could be shown or found. Every adjustment I've made seem to be lost.

Perhaps you opened the wrong catalog. In Lightroom Classic CC (but not Lightroom CC) select File->Open Recent and then select each catalog shown there to open it, and see if it shows the folders and photos you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello dj_paige,

we use Lightroom Classic CC.

I have only one Catalog. A collegue told me to generate a new, empty catalog. I did this. Afterwards I opened the old again. But nothing happened.

Greetings

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sometimes, people accidentally open a new catalog, or accidentally open the wrong catalog. You have to go to File->Open Recent, even if you think you have only one catalog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now I followed your description. I did open the recent catalog. But nothing happend again.

A screenshot of the shown catalog here: Lightroom Catalog.lrcat is my normal catalog, Lightroom Catalog_2.lrcat the empty one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to try opening both catalogs shown under File->Open Recent.\

If that doesn't work, you need to use your operating system's search feature to search all hard disks for files whose name ends with LRCAT.

If that doesn't work, you need to restore a recent backup of your catalog file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much, dj_paige.

All You told I did try before, but I am safe now! In the meantime our IT has restored the filled old catalog from my old PC and safed it from there. Seemed to me, Lightroom had started a empty catalog when opening the Programm. So there could have been no data in it. And I didn't know, that the catalog was not copyed to the new equipement.

Thanks for your help!

Regards, Claudia

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2018 Nov 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do have the same problem as mentionned by Claudia, I have just a new PC and am re-installing everything.

I have found the LRCAT catalog but when I tried to upload them I got the following message :

Catalog XXX.lrcat

The access path does not exist

Verify the access path

What should I do ?

Thank you in advance for your answer.

Jean-Marc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 20, 2018 Nov 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You use your operating system to find the catalog file (it's name ends with .LRCAT), although you probably ought to know where you put it. Once you have found it in your operating system, you double-click on it to open it in Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines