• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic with Google File Stream

New Here ,
Nov 20, 2018 Nov 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have recently upgraded to have unlimited cloud space with Google.

I have a large photo collection that utilizes the majority of my HDD and want to transfer it to the cloud.

I have done partial transfers to External drives without problem.

However, when I go to "Add Folder" in Lightroom Classic, the mounted google file stream folder (where I can happily import images from) is not accessible with the error reading

"Google Drive" can't be opened because the original item can't be found.

Only Drive File Stream in inaccessible from the window.

Any ideas of how to get the two to play nice together?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 20, 2018 Nov 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Classic does not work with any cloud drive service. All the images must be on a local (internal or external) drive or a network drive.

You can use the various cloud services as an online backup of your images if you are very careful about the timing of the syncs, but the master images must be "on" your computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2019 Jan 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it does work. There is a latency, but it works fine. I'm using it now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 13, 2019 Nov 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It also seems to be working for me although LR now seems to be hung importing the last 600 of 27K images. Do you think it's just processing in the background? I don't see anything other than "Import files at their current location" msg and hung status bar.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 14, 2019 Nov 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too just recently installed Google File Stream. I'm still experimenting with it and don't know a lot about it. However, I just took a couple of quick raw files that don't mean anything, really. I uploaded them to the Google Drive and allowed time for them to synchronize. Then I imported them to Lightroom Classic using the Add option and everything functioned normally as far as I can tell. I was able to immediately begin editing the images with no apparent issues. The key apparently is to allow the images to synchronize before trying to import them to Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've been using Google File Stream successfully for five years, but now it's gone pear-shaped with the recent changes to the format. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines