• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Recommend Geometric Animation Software

New Here ,
Nov 19, 2018 Nov 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to do some animation of geometric forms with complicated color coding.  Looking around, the market is saturated with animation intended to produce dramas: cartoons or battling superheros.  There is so much that I couldn't find a single candidate.  Perhaps some of these packages will do what I want, but there is no way to tell from the sales literature.

Here's a concrete example:  A dozen or so rotating toruses drawn via moving colored dots.  The dots follow an orbit on the surface of the torus and change color in a certain way as they do so.  The toruses are of different sizes, and are superimposed on one another to form a sphere.

No way to do this by hand, I need to be able to program the thing with mathematical formulae.  But the basic capabilities are simple:  just drawing colored discs appearing at various angles, or maybe lines.  Here's an example.  Gifs animados de Graficos, animaciones de Graficos

Being able to produce GIFs is nice, but what I really want to do is something I can upload to Youtube to promote a book.  Such a vid would have a voiceover.

Surely there are plenty of packages that can do this.  Any suggestions?

Even if you don't know, maybe there are some keywords I can search on.  All I could find were packages to produce cartoons and superhero epics.  I couldn't get anywhere near what I was looking for.  Mathematica, maybe...

[Duplicate message deleted... posting the same question more than once is confusing... Mod]

[This is a public forum, not a direct line to Adobe support... you need to wait for a reply]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 19, 2018 Nov 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm thinking you could target a better user base in the Animate forum

Adobe Animate CC

Look for relevant existing work, and contact its creator.  People like Al Boardman.  If anyone knew the answer, I suspect that Al would be your man.  Incidentally, Al's work has been showcased by Adobe, which suggests he uses Adobe software to produce at least aspects of it.  Al Boardman

This page lists the artists along with examples. IME these people love to share.

The Geometry Junkyard: Software

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Nov 20, 2018 Nov 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Totally agree with Dennis. Animate can do what you wish.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 20, 2018 Nov 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use iclone for this... the main advantage is the small map size makes sending it to someone by internet an easy task

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Nov 21, 2018 Nov 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I would start drawing in Illustrator and then make the animation in Animate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines