Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem exporting Synonyms keyword

New Here ,
Nov 21, 2018 Nov 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all of you,

I've been looking for hours now a solution and I'm stuck...

To go quick :

I Import a photo with already keywords in it

I go in the keyword list, I add one synonym and I tick "Include on Export" and "Export Synonyms"

If I go in the Keywording Panel and instead of looking "Enter Keywords", I'm looking at "Will export", I see my synonyms

I click on the photo, I do "Save metadata to file"

I open the file with other software : Photoshop, Bridge, My own website and the synonym doesn't appear...

If I do the same with new keyword it works.

I've other problem, but this is the main one...

If anyone could have a solution it will be wonderful because I don't have one image, I have 10 000 images with thousands of keywords.

Thank you very much for your help,

Antoine

P.S : Configuration : Adobe Photoshop Lightroom CC Classic 8.0 / Mac Book Pro 2017 - 16 Gb RAM -  MAC OS X Mojave

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 21, 2018 Nov 21, 2018

'Save Metadata to File' is not the same as Export. This sounds like Keyword Synonyms are not part of the standard XMP metadata.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

'Save Metadata to File' is not the same as Export. This sounds like Keyword Synonyms are not part of the standard XMP metadata.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In fact it works !!!

Thank you very much man. It's still weird to me that hierarchical keywords are exported when I do save metadata to file but not the synonyms.

Have a good day,

Antoine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's still weird to me that hierarchical keywords are exported when I do save metadata to file but not the synonyms.

There's a good reason for this in the current LR design. You can do Save Metadata To File, remove the photo from the catalog, and then import the photo, and it will have the same metadata.

But if Save Metadata To File wrote synonyms to the file as top-level keywords like Export does, then when you re-imported the file, the synonyms would get read in as top-level keywords, not as synonyms.  Many people have complained about that behavior with Export: Lightroom: Better handling of exporting and reimporting keyword synonyms | Photoshop Family Customer... . Industry standards don't specify how to record synonyms in metadata, but I made a suggested for how to do so using Adobe's proprietary XMP:HierarchicalSubject field (my proposal has been ignored by Adobe, not surprisingly).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines