• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Crashes with Multiple Monitors

New Here ,
Oct 07, 2018 Oct 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat will 100% crash when I try to drag it from the built-in display to an external monitor. I also try other Adobe products (Audition, Premiere, etc) and it seems that Acrobat is the only one having this problem.

However, this problem did not occur when I was still using macOS High Sierra and the previous version of the Acrobat.

MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2017, Four Thunderbolt 3 Ports)

OS Version: macOS Mojave (10.14)

Software Version: 2019.008.20074

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 19, 2018 Oct 19, 2018

Hi,

Apple has acknowledged that issue is at their end and they have a fix ready for this. Fix will be available as part of their upcoming update. Please let us know if the issue still exists post that.

Thanks for your patience and co-operation!!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Oct 09, 2018 Oct 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have the same problem after the update.

Process:               AdobeAcrobat [20619]
Path:                  /Applications/Adobe Acrobat DC/Adobe Acrobat.app/Contents/MacOS/AdobeAcrobat
Identifier:            com.adobe.Acrobat.Pro
Version:               19.008.20071 (19.008.20071)
Code Type:             X86-64 (Native)
Parent Process:        ??? [1]
Responsible:           AdobeAcrobat [20619]
User ID:               1615536014

Date/Time:             2018-10-09 11:09:13.561 +0200
OS Version:            Mac OS X 10.14.1 (18B50c)
Report Version:        12
Bridge OS Version:     3.0 (14Y667)
Anonymous UUID:        7C7DAD4D-CBD2-27DD-C057-9EBE7129270F

Time Awake Since Boot: 9800 seconds

System Integrity Protection: enabled

Crashed Thread:        0  Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Exception Type:        EXC_CRASH (SIGABRT)
Exception Codes:       0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000
Exception Note:        EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

Application Specific Information:
Assertion failed: (type == kCGImageComponent8BitInteger), function img_data_depth, file /BuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/CoreGraphics/CoreGraphics-1245.9.1/CoreGraphics/Images/CGSImage.c, line 5889.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm that I have the same issue and it started happening after MacOS Mojave 10.14 update.

Very annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also tried uninstalling and reinstalling Acrobat DC and it did NOT help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issues as of today 10/9/18.  I am running Mojave 10.14.  Grrrrrr!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for reporting.

We're really sorry for the issue you're facing. We are looking into this. I'll reach out to you individually for more details.

Thanks & Regards,

Paramjeet Yadav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 15, 2018 Oct 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Paramjeet- Any update on this? Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2018 Nov 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The update did nothing and the issue continues 😕

Are you contacting this with apple?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2018 Oct 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Noticed the same issue last night while working. Have the latest version of Acrobat, Mojave. Running on a Touch-Bar MacBook Pro and an Apple Thunderbolt Display. Using Spaces, Acrobat is on MacBook Pro. When I drag over to Thunderbolt Display it quits consistently. Sent diagnostic report to Adobe. Tried reinstalling Acrobat and same thing happens. Hopefully there is a bug-fix soon. Can't figure out how to run on main monitor, no matter what I do to drag, it crashes Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We've reported this issue to our engineering team. They are working on it. We might consider fixing this issue in our future release.

Thanks

Paramjeet Yadav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think we all appreciate you sending this to your engineering team but I hope when you say "might consider fixing the issue in our future release" you mean you will fix this in an upcoming release soon!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 18, 2018 Oct 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I confirm: same issue on macOS Mojave v10.14 using Acrobat Pro DC (Build: 19.8.20071.303822).

Very very inconvenient.

Please fix asap.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 19, 2018 Oct 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having this issue. Very inconvenient. Please let me know when you have a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just found a solution if you are using a Macbook/Pro.

If you close down the lid on the Macbook then open Acrobat. It will appear on one of the other screens, then just reopen the Macbook lid and you can move Acrobat between windows with no issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct!!

(Thank you, simonh46104279 !!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow! Works on Mac Pro as well- I unplugged the default screen it would start up on, launched Acrobat and then plugged screen back in. Now able to move between screens even after closing and relaunching acrobat. Come on Adobe please get this figured out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 15, 2019 Feb 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem. thanks for the suggestion

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2018 Nov 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

... it only helps for short time. Few minutes after trying this successfully acrobat crashes again...!

Really bad and when I see, that other users reported that problem for more than one month ago I have no understanding for Acrobat not fixing that problem until now!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2018 Nov 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perfect for the time beeing!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2019 Nov 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still works for me as well

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Apple has acknowledged that issue is at their end and they have a fix ready for this. Fix will be available as part of their upcoming update. Please let us know if the issue still exists post that.

Thanks for your patience and co-operation!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2018 Oct 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately issue still persists for me. Workaround above works but would appreciate an actual fix if possible

Apple Macbook Pro 2017

Mac OS Mojave 10.14.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 31, 2018 Oct 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are exactly right. Mojave 10.14.1 has not fixed the problem. What's with Adobe? This really is their problem because we are paying a subscription to them. Acrobat has proved to be very unstable on both Mac and Windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2018 Nov 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have the same Problem since updating to Mojave. I just installed 10.14.1 but the problem is NOT fixed at all!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2018 Nov 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not fixed with the update.  Please mark this as unanswered Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines