• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR - Photo Booth?

New Here ,
Nov 20, 2018 Nov 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why does Lightroom insert xmp tags setting my photos with a category of "Photo Booth"? This is in both jpg files and sidecar files for raw images.

I'm trying to figure out how to convert a 90K+ ACDSee database to lightroom. As part of that process I'm trying to see how the import to Lightroom actually works and for that I imported a single folder with about 1000 images in it and then took a look at the metadata and saw that in every case "Photo Booth" had been inserted as a category. vis:

<lr:hierarchicalSubject>

<rdf:Bag>

<rdf:li>Photo Booth</rdf:li>

</rdf:Bag>

</lr:hierarchicalSubject>

Does anyone know what this is about?

Thanks for your help.

Philip

P.S. "Phot Booth" is not a category, or anything else, I've used in ACDSee

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 21, 2018 Nov 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In LR, "Photo Booth" is called a keyword (or keyword tag).   Two possibilities:

1. "Photo Booth" exists in the photos' metadata prior to importing into LR. It could be stored in the fields IPTC:Keywords, XMP:Subject, or XMP:HierarchicalSubject.  The free ExifTool utilty is the most authoritative tool for examining file metadata.  This command line will show you all the fields in a file:

exiftool -a -G filename

2. You have a metadata preset being applied during Import that assigns the keyword to the imported photos. To troubleshoot this, do an import of fresh photos never-before-imported into LR, setting Apply During Import > Metadata to None:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2018 Dec 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the advice. I've had a trawl around the data and discovered that "Photo Booth" was a tag in IPTC keywords. Not sure where it came from but most likely something I used about 5 years ago and thought I had got rid of. Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 05, 2018 Dec 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad you identified the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines