• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro crashing my computer within SECONDS of start-up

New Here ,
Sep 04, 2018 Sep 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently built a new PC with specs that are off the charts as far as hardware and capability goes.

I have the Intel Core i9 7900x, Asus ROG STRIX Geforce 1080 Ti graphics card, and 16 GB of DDR4 Corsair RAM installed.

Upon booting up the 2018 version, whether it be the latest update or a previous of the same year, my computer will freeze completely, forcing me to hard reboot my computer via the power button on the tower.

I have done just about everything I can find as far as solutions go and nobody seems to have the same exact problem. I've updated my graphics card drivers, cleared the cache, deleted files after uninstalling, then reinstalling (even so much as the adobe creative cloud app installer). Cold booted my computer numerous times.

Even when I'm able to get into the first screen (in the off-chance it will boot up at all), I've changed the settings on the "Mercury Playback Engine" to just the software only.

Something to be noted is that this same problem continues in the 2017 version as well, but the cs7 version will work just fine with no problems. If I tried booting up Premiere Pro on my MacBook Pro and the 2018 version works just fine.

This is extremely frustrating considering how much I pay per month for the service that I cannot use on my own device for the most updated version (Whether that be 12.1.2. or any of 2018's previous versions).

If ANYONE can be of help, I would be forever grateful.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 28, 2018 Sep 28, 2018

Hi MacGruver,

Sorry for the launch issue. It can be an issue with GPU drivers. Is it possible to disable the GPU in device manager and see if Premiere Pro launch?

Also, please check if there is any inbuilt GPU installed in the machine. If yes, disable one GPU at a time and check the issue.

Let us know the status.

Thanks,

Vidya

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Sep 04, 2018 Sep 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First things to look at are Steps 3D and 4D below.

Unofficial Premiere Pro Troubleshooting Guide

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 28, 2018 Sep 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi MacGruver,

Sorry for the launch issue. It can be an issue with GPU drivers. Is it possible to disable the GPU in device manager and see if Premiere Pro launch?

Also, please check if there is any inbuilt GPU installed in the machine. If yes, disable one GPU at a time and check the issue.

Let us know the status.

Thanks,

Vidya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 21, 2018 Nov 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi MacGruver,

Have you tried the steps? Please let us know the status.

Thanks,

Vidya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines