Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat DC suddenly not responding

Community Beginner ,
Nov 21, 2018 Nov 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Acrobat is not responding on my Mac. I've been using CC for a few years and this has never been an issue until recently. The recent change is that I went from Sierra to Mojave OS.

I have tried removing preferences as suggested in the forum as well as uninstalled and reinstalled the software. I'm running 10.14 on a 2016 touch bar macbook pro.

I use the software to read PDFs and digitally sign documents primarily. Thanks.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 27, 2018 Nov 27, 2018

Thanks Shivam. It wasn't showing up at first as a needed update but there was an OS update available from 10.14 to 10.14.1. This resolved the issue. There is still a spinning wheel delay when loading, something I didn't really experience in prior OS versions, but it is for maybe 5 seconds only.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 22, 2018 Nov 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi rwcutler,

Sorry for the delay in response.      

As per the issue description mentioned above, Acrobat is not responding on your Mac machine after updating to Mac OS Mojave, is that correct?

Could you check if you are running the latest version of Acrobat using "Check for updates" option under "Help" menu,  You may also download updates from here: Adobe software and product updates

Reboot the machine after installing update and try again.

If that doesn't work, try the troubleshooting steps given in the following help document

Troubleshoot Mac OS 10.x system errors, freezes | Adobe software

Is there any error message when Acrobat freezes? Does Acrobat freeze when you open pdfs or when launching the application( without any pdf)?

Also, let us know dot version of Acrobat installed on the machine? You may refer to the steps given in this link on how to check the version in Acrobat: Identify the product and its version for Acrobat and Reader DC

Let us know how it goes.

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 27, 2018 Nov 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Shivam. It wasn't showing up at first as a needed update but there was an OS update available from 10.14 to 10.14.1. This resolved the issue. There is still a spinning wheel delay when loading, something I didn't really experience in prior OS versions, but it is for maybe 5 seconds only.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines