• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom and Flickr, what happens if I don't renew my subscription?

New Here ,
Nov 21, 2018 Nov 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently, I started using LRClassic to publish my photos directly to Flickr and all has been working well.  Although, I notice, if I delete them from the collection in LR, they are removed from Flicker (it works as its supposed to), but what happens if I cancel my Adobe subscription?  Like, if when my renwal comes up, and I choose not to renew the subscription, do those photos all get deleted from Flickr?  Or are they still in the Flickr ecosystem?

(moved to Lightroom Classic forum by Moderator)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 21, 2018 Nov 21, 2018

I'm pretty sure the photos remain on Flickr until you (or some software that you direct, such as Lightroom) causes them to be removed.

FYI — the Library module in LR still will work after your subscription expires, so you could, if you wanted to, still add photos to Flickr or remove photos from Flickr using the LR Library module.

Also, if you are a Flickr free member, soon (I don't remember the details) you will be limited to 1000 photos on Flicr.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very interesting question.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm pretty sure the photos remain on Flickr until you (or some software that you direct, such as Lightroom) causes them to be removed.

FYI — the Library module in LR still will work after your subscription expires, so you could, if you wanted to, still add photos to Flickr or remove photos from Flickr using the LR Library module.

Also, if you are a Flickr free member, soon (I don't remember the details) you will be limited to 1000 photos on Flicr.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great.. Thank you..  I didn't realize that you could still use the catalog function if you removed your subscription.

Yes, Flickr is limiting to 1000 photos, but I am a Pro member, so unlimited storage..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So by a collection in LR that relates to Flickr, I assume you mean using the Publish Service in lightrooms library module that sends to Flickr, This one:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, that's the one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you cancel your subscription, don't renew it (Which by the way you have to Cancel it before the renewal date. Adobe does NOT send out notices asking if you want to renew or cancel. They Auto Renew on the date the year long subscription ends.), Just don't open LR and then Uninstall it.

Flikr won't be the wiser.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. And thanks for the tip on the auto renew. I think I already have it marked on my calendar with a reminder. I don't see me canceling it, but thing happen and you never know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 22, 2018 Nov 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Just+Shoot+Me  wrote

If you cancel your subscription, don't renew it (Which by the way you have to Cancel it before the renewal date. Adobe does NOT send out notices asking if you want to renew or cancel. They Auto Renew on the date the year long subscription ends.), Just don't open LR and then Uninstall it.

Flikr won't be the wiser.

I don't see why you can't open or uninstall LR after the subscription ends. The LR subscription is not connected in any way to Flickr (as it is connected to photos in LR CC). Merely opening LR does not cause photos to be removed from Flickr. I don't see how uninstall causes photos to be removed from Flickr either. Certain actions using the Publish service could cause photos to be removed from Flickr.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dj_paige  wrote

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Just+Shoot+Me   wrote

Flickr won't be the wiser.

I don't see why you can't open or uninstall LR after the subscription ends. The LR subscription is not connected in any way to Flickr (as it is connected to photos in LR CC). Merely opening LR does not cause photos to be removed from Flickr. I don't see how uninstall causes photos to be removed from Flickr either. Certain actions using the Publish service could cause photos to be removed from Flickr.

I never said you CAN'T open LR after the subscription ends. I did say Not to Open LR (Just Don't Open LR) and then Uninstall it. If you don't open LR there is no chance for LR to modify the Flickr page in any way. And I see no point in using LR, in it's reduced function, once you have ended your subscription. Some might I don't.

I never said any of what you have suggested I did say.

Right Certain Action, By the User, in the Publish Services section of LR Could delete/modify images on the OPs Flickr page.

Never Opening LR After the subscription has ended eliminates that possibility and Flickr wouldn't know or care, IE Won't Be the Wiser.

Not sure what post you were reading that gave you any of the subjects you responded to but it certainly was mine that you quoted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But uninstalling LR after your subscription expires has no effect on Flickr.

Some people are quite happy using Lightroom's Library Module after the subscription expires.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dj_paige  wrote

But uninstalling LR after your subscription expires has no effect on Flickr.

And I never said it did.

dj_paige  wrote

Some people are quite happy using Lightroom's Library Module after the subscription expires.

And anyone is welcome to keep using LR after the subscription ends. I never said they shouldn't. So is the OP of this discussion.

I said "I wouldn't".

I was pointing out that if he is worried about somehow making changes to his Flickr page from LR after the subscription ends he should NEVER OPEN LR AND THEN UNINSTALL IT.

Never did I say any of what you are suggesting I did say.

You are adding words I never wrote or even suggested.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Just+Shoot+Me  wrote

I was pointing out that if he is worried about somehow making changes to his Flickr page from LR after the subscription ends he should NEVER OPEN LR AND THEN UNINSTALL IT.

An unnecessarily strict advice, in my opinion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Opinions are like A holes. Everyone has one.

Strict? Not from where I sit. Why keep a program that you can't use for all the things is was designed to do.

Whatever. I'm out of this thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines