Exit

ARM IK doesn't work ?!

New Here ,
Nov 22, 2018 Nov 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

I have a problem with my puppet kira.

The left arm does not move as it should (from the angle it should move like the right arm).

I wanted to solve this with ARM IK so that it moves in the opposite direction.  Unfortunately ARM IK does not align anything.

I tagged all body parts as Okay Samurai explains in the video.

When I then look into the handles of the ARM IK behavior, some tags are not recognized.

It looks weird when i move from right to left.

here is the Link to the puppet

Many thanks in advance

Hope for a quick answer.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don’t see the link...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Damn you are absolutely right, my fault.

here it is

Dropbox - KIRA_ARM IK FAIL.puppet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I positioned the arms using the default puppet first.

But you said you want the left arm to angle like the right arm. So I opened up the properties panel. There are 13 views it has identified!! And it failed to find any right shoulders!! So clearly Arm IK is getting confused.

So I removed the behavior from the root of the puppet and added it to Kira/Frontal/Body

The views and handles looked more sane then.

End result:

But does that mean you need to add a Arm IK to every profile? Not sure that is a feature or a defect. But it might get you going.

If you discover anything more, please report back here! I found on some projects I need to record the elbow strength during a scene to get the elbow working correctly throughout the scene as the arms moved... but not sure I am doing it right yet!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines