• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Importing mp4 files into sequence, files are not transferring chronologically onto timeline

New Here ,
Nov 22, 2018 Nov 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have never had this issue before... However, since I have upgraded premiere pro cc every time I import multiple clips into a sequence they don't transfer over to the timeline in chronological order so it takes me a long time to shuffle the clips. This a time consuming process and feels sloppy to manually rearrange the clips.... Are there settings that can resolve this issue? Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Nov 22, 2018 Nov 22, 2018

I'm sorry that you are experiencing this issue. I have currently tested this on three systems and it seems to be working correctly. I'm not sure what version you were originally on but the order of clips on your timeline is powered by the order you are selecting them in your Project Window. Here is a breakdown of things to test:

• SELECT CLIPS MANUALLY in the order you want them in from your PROJECT WINDOW and DRAG them into your TIMELINE.

• SELECT CLIPS ANY WAY you want and then use AUTOMATE TO SEQUE

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,
Nov 22, 2018 Nov 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm sorry that you are experiencing this issue. I have currently tested this on three systems and it seems to be working correctly. I'm not sure what version you were originally on but the order of clips on your timeline is powered by the order you are selecting them in your Project Window. Here is a breakdown of things to test:

• SELECT CLIPS MANUALLY in the order you want them in from your PROJECT WINDOW and DRAG them into your TIMELINE.

• SELECT CLIPS ANY WAY you want and then use AUTOMATE TO SEQUENCE at the bottom of your PROJECT WINDOW and choose SORT under ORDER. Note: You can also choose SELECTION ORDER based on the order you selected your clips. This menu is very powerful for ordering your clips in specific ways from a bin to the timeline.

2018-11-22_21-40-38.jpg

If these features seem broken, it could also be an install issue and you may want to reinstall Premiere. Hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines