• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat DC - multiple issues

New Here ,
Nov 21, 2018 Nov 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since I updated my Acrobat DC a few weeks ago, its been a nightmare to use. I can't open more than one PDF at a time, the program constantly crashes or won't close (unless I use Task Manager to end the task) and I can't edit PDFs.

I have restarted, uninstalled and reinstalled with no luck.

One breakthrough is that I've created a new Windows test profile and the program seems to be working fine in that so it looks perhaps like an issue to do with my Windows profile. What do I do now??

Thanks

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 22, 2018 Nov 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

As per the issue description mentioned above, Acrobat is crashing when trying to open second pdf file using Acrobat as well as unable to edit pdf in the application, is that correct?

Could you check if you have the latest version of Acrobat installed on the machine using "Check for updates" option under "Help" menu,  You may also download updates from here: Adobe software and product updates

Reboot the machine after installing update and try again.

Is there any error message when Acrobat crashes?

What is the dot version of Acrobat and the operating system installed on the machine? You may refer to the steps given in this link on how to check the version in Acrobat: Identify the product and its version for Acrobat and Reader DC

Let us know if you need any help.

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2018 Nov 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Shivam,

Acrobat DC crashes with general use...when trying to open the second PDF nothing happens.

With a crash there is no error message, the program just freezes and the only way to close it is through the task manager

I also cannot print PDFs

I have checked for updates and definitely have the latest version  2019.008.20081

I'm in Windows 10 Home Version 10.0.17134 Build 17134

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 23, 2018 Nov 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the info. Could you try the troubleshooting steps given in the following help document: Troubleshoot unexpected behavior in specific user account as the issue might be related to your current user profile on the machine.

Let us know if you need any help.

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines