• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat DC 18.011.20058 -- Frequent crashing, and frequent hidden dialog requiring me to kill process

Engaged ,
Aug 30, 2018 Aug 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Starting in the past few weeks, I've been having a lot of trouble with Acrobat Pro DC (18.011.20058).

Specifically...

- While marking up a pdf with comments, when I have two or more windows open to different pdfs, Acrobat will simply fail, no error message. Typically happens when I alt-tab into one of them.

- Equally frequently, I'll have several windows open, with multiple tabs in each. Then I'll go to do some action (could be opening up a pdf from an email attachment, or alt-tabbing into one of the windows from another application, etc.) and I'll get a 'chime' noise when I try to click on anything in Acrobat. Obviously Acrobat has given focus to a dialog, but it's not one visible to me on either of my displays. I've seen some threads about similar issues with Premiere Pro, but have no idea how to address this issue with Acrobat.

Both of these issues are causing me a lot of grief -- I'm doing frequent saves (as in I'm saving almost every time I make *any* changes, after each change) so have not lost much work, but 'recovering' the interrupted trains of thought is a massive time-waster.

Has anybody else encountered these issues recently?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 31, 2018 Aug 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi jaggedpeak,

As mentioned Acrobat DC is crashing on the machine, please try following troubleshooting steps:

1- Try rebooting the machine once if you haven't already and check if that helps.

2- If that doesn't work, run Acrobat in compatibility mode and check if that resolves the issue.

You may also try troubleshooting steps given in the following forum thread discussing the similar issue:

Adobe Acrobat DC crashes (almost) always after 2 files are opened.

Let us know if you need any help.

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Aug 31, 2018 Aug 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've rebooted a staggering number of times over the past few weeks 🙂

How does one run acrobat in compatibility mode?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 23, 2018 Nov 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi jaggedpeak,

To run Acrobat in compatibility mode locate Acrobat icon on the desktop > right click > properties > compatibility tab > check the box run this program in compatibility mode for and select Windows 7/vista from the drop-down options. click Apply OK and check.

Try the troubleshooting steps given in the following help document:

Resolve Acrobat DC intermittent crashes on Windows

You may also try installing the latest patch for acrobat using "Check for updates" option under "Help" menu,  You may also download updates from here: Adobe software and product updates

Reboot the machine after installing update and try again.

Let us know if you need any help.

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines