• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Users Showreels

Guide ,
Nov 23, 2018 Nov 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys I thought I would start this thread to let people showcase their work.

So please post vids of your reels.

It would be awesome to see

Let me start this off with my current reel.. Trust you enjoy

Don't be shy to post your stuff. Lets get to see each others skillsets and collaborate.

Would be awesome

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very nice work Mo.  Where are you based?  The action seemed  to shift radically between locations.  Where can I get one of those big feck off  laser canons?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hahaha thanks Trevor, I am based in Cape Town South Africa but been around internationally. We built those canons for a feature. Maybe I can get one for you lol. But after u see the making u won't want it without the effects hahaha.  Let me post the making of the visual effects for that film for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's interesting that the Trailer Made VFX video transitioned into a 'One Day Build'  on Adam Savage's Tested channel.  I am a huge fan of Adam Savage and I would love having the facilities he has in his man-cave.    I'm guessing you might have seen some of his 'Kit Bashing' videos where he uses parts from existing plastic model kits to make something completely different.  I especially like to see how he 'distresses' the finished models to make them look more real on camera.

This is a good example as it  uses multiple skills to produce the finished model

I love that you can build something 1/10th scale, and by overlaying video that the eye recognises as being right for the full size object, it all comes together and looks real.  We were watching  something on the TV last night, and my wife Chris asked about something happening  away from the focal point of the shot, and I explained that  when the camera is not moving, it becomes almost trivial add false detail.  Heck even moving detail like they do  with Matte painting.  I'd _love_ to be involved in Matte Painting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Nov 24, 2018 Nov 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah Adam Savage is a legend, I used to religiously watch Mythbusters.

" I'd _love_ to be involved in Matte Painting."

Well let me know via message what you skillsets are and I can look at what future project needs some matte painting and get you involved. Would be a pleasure collaborating

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 24, 2018 Nov 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thats a nice model of voyager... is it Adobe or a 3rd party software?

Screenshot (99).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Nov 25, 2018 Nov 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi that model was made and textured in Maya and composited in AE. Blinking red lights created in AE, with Mocha Pro used for tracking. Multiple Camera

morph done in AE

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is my 3D and CG Reel. Needs updating as I did a lot more since then.

Trust you will enjoy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines