• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR Classic CC drastically changing white balance in Develop mode

Community Beginner ,
Nov 23, 2018 Nov 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When in Develop mode, LR Classic CC is suddenly changing white balance dramatically on some images, but no changes appear in the sliders to the right, and I haven't changed any myself. It's within about 3 seconds of selecting an image, almost as if it's changing something as it renders the preview. On export it looks normal, but it's impossible to properly edit the image when the preview looks extremely dark and with an odd green cast. Screenshots below taken within 3 seconds of each other when the change happened. WHAT is happening?

I have had nothing but trouble with LR Classic CC since I started using it. It's a mess and bogs down my computer constantly. This latest issue makes it almost unusable. HELP.

Screen Shot 2018-11-23 at 10.19.36 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-11-23 at 10.19.39 AM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 23, 2018 Nov 23, 2018

Can you check preferences Performance tab? Is Use Graphics Processor checked or unchecked?

Did this just start happening? Have you recently quit Lr and restarted your machine?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Files are fro which Camera Model? Fujifilm T3 ??

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nikon D750

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you check preferences Performance tab? Is Use Graphics Processor checked or unchecked?

Did this just start happening? Have you recently quit Lr and restarted your machine?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@cmgap I actually did have graphics processor unchecked - I recently had someone suggest that unchecking would increase LR speed (because LR has really been slow for me lately). That's a recent thing I did so could be the issue. I also installed Mojave and restarted and it seems to be gone now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great - thanks for letting us know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are there any presets set at import? CTP step 1 looks like it is being set at import. Does this include a profile?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not think this is a WB issue, I do not think the WB is changing. Highly suspect something wrong with the standard preview. Notice the separate preview upper left navigator looks different.

Does a. 1:1 preview go bonkers as well?

And if you export, how does that look?

Opps, so looked up types of previews in Lightroom, The preview in Develop module, is not the preview in Library module. so, the filmstrip,and the navigator previews have nothing to do with any issue in the Develop module center screen.

Apparently the develop module preview is kept in CACHE memory, if you purge the CACHE (with a different image selected), and restart LR, does anything change? Poor hunch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines