Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Disappearing Photos in Catalog

Nov 24, 2018 Nov 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I copied all my LR cat files & photos to another computer. As expected photos were not located. When I went to manually locate them by showing new location all the photos in the folder were gone & I was left with an empt folder in cat? Note: photos are still there in folder when I look in finder on computer. This happens every time I locate photos.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dandes  wrote

When I went to manually locate them by showing new location all the photos in the folder were gone & I was left with an empt folder in cat?

The folders are now to be found in the Lightroom Folder panel at their new location on the new computer (perhaps a new drive or new drive name??) They did not disappear. They are still in Lightroom. This is expected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Here you'll find additional informations about moving LR to a new computer.

https://lightroomkillertips.com/move-lightroom-another-computer-not-get-burned/

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-move-lightroom-to-new-computer/

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines