• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic CC 8.0 MacOS 10.14 doesn't show ICC profiles

Explorer ,
Nov 24, 2018 Nov 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the last time I printed on my Epson SC P-600 I cannot find my standard Epson Paper Profiles anymore (eg Premium Glossy). Also not via  'Color Management > Profile > Other.

Luckily my wife has the same configuration and she could find the profiles in Lightroom by clicking 'Other' (in 'Color Management > Profile:').

Via Finder I could find the profiles on the same place where my wife found them in Lightroom:

Users > 'username' > Library > Printers > Epson > InktjetPrinter2 > ICCProfiles > EP1408AM4.profiles --> right clicked on it and chose 'Show package Contents': Contents > Resources > SC-P600 series ....   .icc

I copied the right ICC profile to:' Library > ColorSync > Profiles'. After restarting LR I found the copied profile in the right place in 'Color Management'.

Does someone know why Lightroom doesn't show the standard printer profiles for my printer anymore??

Lightroom Classic CC 8.0 on iMac late 2013 MacOS 10.14.1

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My educated guess would be that the Epson printer drivers need a Mojave update. I’m not sure if such an update is available already.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the link to the update for Mojave. However you'll need to follow the instructions to install them in the right location.

In your Print module select the Print Job panel > under Color Management select Profile: Other. This should open a dialog box showing the location of your print profiles: Users/yourname/Library/ColorSync/Profiles

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi JohanEl54​ and cmgap​,

Printer driver has to be up-to-date because there is no update available in the Mac App store.

I made a work around by creating a alias of: Users/'username'/Library/Printers/EPSON/InkjetPrinter2/ICCProfiles and placing it in the standard profiles directory. Now all the ICC profiles are shown in 'Other'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try placing them in your ColorSync/Profiles folder?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi cmgap​ ,

Thanks for your reply. As I wrote in my original post, I copied one of the needed profiles to the correct profiles directory and that worked out. Because I didn’t want to copy all profiles, I created the alias. And as I mentioned this work around worked fine. But I still wonder why LR didn’t show the profiles as before.

Murk

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines