• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Extremely Slow Exports with Premiere 2019_02 (Mac)

Contributor ,
Nov 21, 2018 Nov 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated to the latest version and I don't have this issue anymore.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 22, 2018 Nov 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually I ran before I could walk. I have updated and I do find some performance increase but started work on a project and still the slow rendering when AFX is open still persists.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steven

Working on expediting a fix related to Mojave and app sleep.   I’m hoping to have an announcement on this soon. In the meantime, I do have a workaround to disable app sleep in Mohave if you would like to try it

Thanks for your help!

Wes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I love to try it for now until the fix comes. I just hate closing and opening AFX all the time - it's not good for the durability of iMac I use Dynamic Linking far to much for this not to be a problem. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can open and close AFX as many times as you want. It won't "wear out" you iMac

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Haha I know that. But I don't like using disks as much as constantly opening and closing a complex bit of software several times per hour. I hate to think how longgggggg that would be if I didn't have an SSD!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well call it a test of durability and see how long the drive lasts

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 23, 2018 Nov 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wes, do you mean "prevent app nap"? If so, it does not seem to be an option (see attached image)

ceScreen Shot 2018-11-23 at 12.30.48 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,  

Here's a bit of the info on a potential workaround.

Potential temporary workaround can be tried by typing in the following command into Console.

defaults write NSGlobalDomain NSAppSleepDisabled -bool YES

Note:  This temporary workaround will only apply to those seeing slowdowns specific to AE and Dynamic Link.

This issue has typically been reported to only occur when the full UI version of AE is open. Investigation is ongoing and we are working on expediting a fix.     Another option for those experiencing this is to close the UI version of AE while rendering.

Worth mentioning that many recent performance issues have been specifically related to GPUs as there have been many changes to drivers and also new driver requirements. This includes Intel and Nvidia drivers and of course there have also been some changes to GPU support with Mojave. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dynamic link definitely seems to be part of my problem (I see dynamiclinkmanager hanging in Activity Monitor).

Also, are my Xeon X5680 cpus just too old for CC 2019?

Cheers,

ce

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ce,

I don't think your Xeons are too old, nope.  

LMK if that workaround helps. 

Wes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 24, 2018 Nov 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, disabling app sleep has made a noticeable improvement in dynamically linked comps -- basically going from completely stalled previews to moderately slow previews.

What seems to bring things back to full speed is quitting PP & AE then opening just Premiere and hitting preview. Once I start editing/animating, though it's back to moderately slow previews.

Thanks for your attention to this, Wes.

Cheers,

ce

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 24, 2018 Nov 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ce,

You're welcome!  Happy to lend a hand.

Are you finding performance worse than previous versions?  I wouldn't expect that to be the case but I'd be happy to investigate. 

Often times, something can be project specific, ie, format, effect, etc.   If you are seeing a discrepancy between versions and would like to share more details or maybe a test project, lmk.

Wes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 28, 2018 Nov 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I did a totally clean install of Mojave and CC 2019 so cannot (easily) compare to CC 2018, but it definitely seems to be performing worse.

To add more variables to the mix, I upgraded 3 things at once ( I know, I know...)

GPU: Sapphire HD 7950 3GB -> Radeon RX 580 8GB

CC: 2018 -> 2019

I have a clone of my Yosemite drive and could attempt to open the new projects in CC 2018 if that's possible and helpful...? However I am mid-project right now with deadlines looming so may have to wait to experiment. However, I am happy to help when I can.

Cheers,

ce

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines