• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

alternative to blurb/pdf for books which properly supports 3:2?

Participant ,
Nov 24, 2018 Nov 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was pretty shocked when I tried to use the book part of lightroom. All my photos (5DIII & A6000) are 3:2, and cropped perfectly with this ratio (for printing etc).  The majority of the templates in the book module are not 3:2. They are very different, completely ruining the photos.  I cant see any way to edit the templates to create usable ones, so I am looking for an alternative photo (not text) book making SW and print service.

What do other 3:2 shooters use/recommend?

Cost is not an issue.  Selection of descent 3:2 mutli-photos per page templates is.

And it has to deliver to any country in Europe. There are some great USA only book systems, but I cant use these unfortunately.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can now create your own custom layouts. I have made a short video demo at this link:

Make Custom Layouts in the Book Module

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"You can now create your own custom layouts".  Interesting.  While it is a huge pain to have to spend hours creating exact layouts for really basic 3:2 templates, if I cant find a decent online service which supports the most popular photo aspect ratio on the planet, ill try it.  I remember spending days creating exact print templates, then whenever I got a new computer or had to reinstall windows (and therefor photoshop/lightroom), I lost all my templates and had to start again.  This basically put me off using the print module, so now I never use it - I live without having the layouts I need (which are more or less the same as the layouts for a photo book - this is not rocket science).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"You can now create your own custom layouts".

OK, just updated LR CC Classic, and now I get the "add cell". Unfortunately, it has no ruler or measurement, so it is impossible to get anything exact. You cant specify an exact aspect ratio, you cant specify exact size or distance from the next photo - its all approximate, by eye on a relatively low resolution monitor compared with print resolution.  You cant even copy and paste or duplicate a cell, so its hit and miss just to get two cells the same size.

This is fairly useless for professional use unfortunately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have started creating a comparison looking for a service.  Currently, there is only one service which actually says on their website they delivery to spain and gives a cost, mixbook, although if it is being sent from USA, delivery is likely to be weeks not days as they suggest.

Site

Spanish delivery cost (approx)

3:2 or custom templates

nphoto.co.uk

Poland

Prices only available to registered customers

https://www.mixbook.com

USA

8.5"x11" $11.34 7-8 days

https://uk.whitewall.com

UK

Not possible (only deliver prints to Spain)

Picaboo

USA

N/A

Snapfish

USA and UK

Does deliver To Europe, but no prices

Photo book Europe

No information

No information

https://cewe-photoworld.com/UK?Only deliver to UK according to their chat support.
Photo Books Online | Personalised Photo Albums UK | Bob BooksUK?They say they deliver to Spain, but no info on the site, only UK costs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The trick is to single click on the images in the cells, wait for a second for the zoom slider to pop up and then set the zoom to 0%. This will retain the aspect ratio of the as cropped image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines