• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Installer issue with exit code 191

New Here ,
Dec 16, 2016 Dec 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried installing on Windows 10 but keep getting a failed install at 49% with this error:

Exit Code: 191

-------------------------------------- Summary --------------------------------------

- 2 fatal error(s), 2 error(s), 0 warnings(s)

FATAL: Error (Code = 191) executing in command 'AddUWPAppxCommand' for package: 'UWPAssets', version:0.6.8.6

FATAL: Error occurred in install of package (Name: UWPAssets Version: 0.6.8.6). Error code: '191'

ERROR: hdhelper exe at C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Creative Cloud\HDCore\HDHelper.exe failed to install UWP app with xml
Adobe.CC.XD
C:\adobeTemp\ETRD474.tmp\1\SparklerApp\SparklerApp.appxbundle
x64
CN=Adobe Systems Incorporated, OU=Adobe Systems, O=Adobe Systems Incorporated, L=San Jose, S=California, C=US, SERIALNUMBER=2748129, OID.2.5.4.15=Private Organization, OID.1.3.6.1.4.1.311.60.2.1.2=Delaware, OID.1.3.6.1.4.1.311.60.2.1.3=US
adbxd:

Microsoft.VCLibs.140.00
x64
CN=Microsoft Corporation, O=Microsoft Corporation, L=Redmond, S=Washington, C=US
C:\adobeTemp\ETRD474.tmp\1\SparklerApp\Dependencies\x64\Microsoft.VCLibs.x64.14.00.appx

false

with error code -1073741819

ERROR: Failed to install UWP Appx Package

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've seen suggestions that its might be to do with not having the Anniversary update, however I have this installed up to the most recent release. Any light on why this error is happening?

TOPICS
Creative Cloud , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 19, 2016 Dec 19, 2016

Samuellaycock are you also attempting to install to a custom location?  Have you adjusted any of the Environmental variables for Windows 10 such as the location of the temp directory?

If so I would recommend reverting to installing to the Program Files directory to see if XD then installs successfully.  If you continue to face difficulties, and you have modified the location of the Temp directory then you may also want to revert to storing the data on your C: drive to see if this then allows for

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey samuellaycock-

It looks like it's a general problem with installing UWP applications on your machine and not with XD in particular. I'm going to move this question into the Creative Cloud installer forum to get our experts on the case.

Thanks!

-Elaine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2022 May 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Elaine,

Can you please let me know the link to the installer forum, I am still having issues installing teh XD only, all other apps on creative cloud are fine. I have also seen the same error when I try to update Creative Cloud as well. 

Regards,

Pav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Samuellaycock what process are you using to install XD?  Are you utilizing the steps listed in Download and install Creative Cloud apps ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 18, 2016 Dec 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I'm installing through the Creative Cloud app.

Just for reference, it's not a problem with UWP apps in general as I've installed some today as a test, and no errors for any of them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 19, 2016 Dec 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Samuellaycock are you also attempting to install to a custom location?  Have you adjusted any of the Environmental variables for Windows 10 such as the location of the temp directory?

If so I would recommend reverting to installing to the Program Files directory to see if XD then installs successfully.  If you continue to face difficulties, and you have modified the location of the Temp directory then you may also want to revert to storing the data on your C: drive to see if this then allows for a successful installation.

Finally if you continue to face difficulties, or have not customized the install location or the temp directory, then I would recommend installing XD on a newly created local administrator account.  You can find complete details on how to set up a new account at Adobe troubleshooting: Creating an admin account in Windows .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2018 Jul 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please help me? I already tryed everything and i can´t install adobe XD in my windows 10

erro.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2018 Sep 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Same , please it s not free for us !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2019 Apr 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey hope this helps, in my case i had Ad Blocker installed on my browser, so i stopped it  and now my XD is installed, the last piece of file adobe needs to install is commng from the browser and ad blocker saw that as a threat and blocked it......so it now works, happy XD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got the same error. How to fix it?
My system: Windows 10 Enterprise 14393.576 / x64

-------------------------------------

-------------------------------------- Summary -------------------------------------- -
2 fatal error(s), 2 error(s), 0 warnings(s) FATAL: Error (Code = 191) executing in command 'AddUWPAppxCommand' for package: 'UWPAssets', version:0.6.8.6 FATAL: Error occurred in install of package (Name: UWPAssets Version: 0.6.8.6). Error code: '191' ERROR: hdhelper exe at C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Creative Cloud\HDCore\HDHelper.exe failed to install UWP app with xml Adobe.CC.XD C:\adobeTemp\ETRF30E.tmp\1\SparklerApp\SparklerApp.appxbundle 0.6.8.6 x64 CN=Adobe Systems Incorporated, OU=Adobe Systems, O=Adobe Systems Incorporated, L=San Jose, S=California, C=US,
SERIALNUMBER=2748129, OID.2.5.4.15=Private Organization, OID.1.3.6.1.4.1.311.60.2.1.2=Delaware,
OID.1.3.6.1.4.1.311.60.2.1.3=US adbxd: Microsoft.VCLibs.140.00 14.0.24123.0 x64 CN=Microsoft Corporation, O=Microsoft Corporation, L=Redmond, S=Washington, C=US C:\adobeTemp\ETRF30E.tmp\1\SparklerApp\Dependencies\x64\Microsoft.VCLibs.x64.14.00.appx false with error code 1 ERROR: Failed to install UWP Appx Package

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I have the same problem installing from the CC app. I'm running windows 10 on a small ssd and configured things to be installed at a different drive, if that's useful information.

-------------------------------------- Summary --------------------------------------

- 2 fatal error(s), 2 error(s), 0 warnings(s)

FATAL: Error (Code = 191) executing in command 'AddUWPAppxCommand' for package: 'UWPAssets', version:0.6.8.6

FATAL: Error occurred in install of package (Name: UWPAssets Version: 0.6.8.6). Error code: '191'

ERROR: hdhelper exe at C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Creative Cloud\HDCore\HDHelper.exe failed to install UWP app with xml
Adobe.CC.XD
D:\adobeTemp\ETR5820.tmp\1\SparklerApp\SparklerApp.appxbundle
x64
CN=Adobe Systems Incorporated, OU=Adobe Systems, O=Adobe Systems Incorporated, L=San Jose, S=California, C=US, SERIALNUMBER=2748129, OID.2.5.4.15=Private Organization, OID.1.3.6.1.4.1.311.60.2.1.2=Delaware, OID.1.3.6.1.4.1.311.60.2.1.3=US
adbxd:

Microsoft.VCLibs.140.00
x64
CN=Microsoft Corporation, O=Microsoft Corporation, L=Redmond, S=Washington, C=US
D:\adobeTemp\ETR5820.tmp\1\SparklerApp\Dependencies\x64\Microsoft.VCLibs.x64.14.00.appx

false

with error code 1

ERROR: Failed to install UWP Appx Package

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Dec 19, 2016 Dec 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In addition, could you please check if windows firewall service is enabled in services.

Open Run command and type services.msc

Bottom side find windows firewall

Right click and open properties

If it is diabled, then change it to automatic and start the service.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 20, 2016 Dec 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I checked on two computers (Windows 10 Enterprise 14393.576 / x64). Methods do not work...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 26, 2017 Apr 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just start the Windows Firewall service and the installer works! It would be disabled by default if installed another security software like Kaspersky and it would prevent the update of XD. Not sure how the installer relates to the Windows Firewall but the fact sounds a bit annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 26, 2017 Apr 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing your solution!

-Elaine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2018 Jul 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it works for me. tnx a lot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2017 Jan 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. Additionally, found this in the

event logs (Microsoft-Windows-AppXDeploymentServer/Operational):

error 0xC000003A: Deployment of package Adobe.CC.XD_0.6.8.6_neutral_split.scale-100_adky2gkssdxte was blocked by AppLocker.

and

Deployment Add operation with target volume C: on Package Adobe.CC.XD_2016.1203.415.0_neutral_~_adky2gkssdxte from:  (SparklerApp.appxbundle)  failed with error 0xC000003A. See http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=235160 for help diagnosing app deployment issues.

and

AppX Deployment operation failed for package Adobe.CC.XD_2016.1203.415.0_neutral_~_adky2gkssdxte with error 0x80073CF9. The specific error text for this failure is: error 0xC000003A: Deployment of package Adobe.CC.XD_0.6.8.6_neutral_split.scale-100_adky2gkssdxte was blocked by AppLocker.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey johnz57054441-

So it looks like your corporate IT policy is blocking you from installing Adobe XD using a product called AppLocker. Here's an article I found on it: AppLocker (Windows 10)

You might want to check with your IT department to see if you can get your machine unlocked or Adobe added as an approved publisher to install.

-Elaine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Elaine,

I've been checking many options last night during which I found out that actually no updates or installs from the Windows Store are (allowed to be) installed. So I did a Win10 update which worked but still no Store installations.

So I can report that it is not a problem with Adobe XD only, it is a system-wide problem (in my case).

I will let you know if I find a solution.

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I initially added an AppLocker Package app rule rule to allow:

Publisher:

CN=Adobe Systems Incorporated, OU=Adobe Systems, O=Adobe Systems Incorporated, L=San Jose, S=California, C=US

Package name:

Package version:

* [and above]

But that did not work for me.  The publisher is clearly not correct.

The way I found the correct publisher string was to use another PC that didn't have AppLocker applied, install the app, then fire up the local group policy editor, navigate to Computer Configuration > Policies > Windows Settings > Security Settings > Application Control Policies > AppLocker > Packages app Rules, and add a new rule, browsing to the app.  You can then copy and paste the Publisher into your enterprise's Group Policy.

Here's what I found:

CN=Adobe Systems Incorporated, OU=Adobe Systems, O=Adobe Systems Incorporated, L=San Jose, S=California, C=US, SERIALNUMBER=xxxxxx, OID.2.5.4.15=Private Organization, OID.1.3.6.1.4.1.311.60.2.1.2=Delaware, OID.1.3.6.1.4.1.311.60.2.1.3=US

Not sure if the serial number is unique to us, so I've changed it to xxxxxx.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 12, 2017 Dec 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Massive problem, had several Adobe Tech's look at it three times with no success - I eventually sorted it myself.

1.) Have the latest OS update: PC or MAC

2.) Simply switch off all internet protection for the duration of the install.

That Adobe haven't spotted this in over a year beggars!!

Best

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2017 Oct 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, guys, I had this problem for 3 months I was in trouble because I needed the software for a big project and I did the recommendation to use Adobe XD to the product owner, and the software didn't work the people in Adobe doesnt know anything about this error ( I think this is a shame). I solve it this way.

error-2503-2502-windows-10-change-temp-permissions.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2018 Apr 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This one made the trick for me. Just for the record, I'm under corporate network too.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 30, 2018 May 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

which one?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 19, 2018 Sep 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thankyou  解决了我的问题

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines