Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"User Permission Issues" Lightroom CC + macOS High Sierra

Community Beginner ,
Feb 23, 2018 Feb 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone,

I've had bunches of kernel panics on this iMac and decided to format the Hard Drive and reinstall everything.

Now that I did that I'm having the error:

-"Lightroom encountered user permission issues"

• "Repair and continue doesn't work"

• Can't change permissions manually

-When I try to change the permissions manually it gives me:

"The operation can't be completed because you don't have necessary permission"

I am running iMac, Late 2015.

macOS High Sierra 10.13.3

???

Hopefully, this is a question for the Adobe comunity.

Thank you everyone

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2018 Apr 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CAN ANYONE HELP !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Apr 11, 2018 Apr 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi krpintos,

Sorry that you're getting an error message "Lightroom encountered user permission issues".

Could you please us know the version of Lightroom and operating system you're using?

I'd suggest that you take a look at this help article Solutions to Adobe Lightroom Lightroom user permission issues on launch and let us know if that helps?

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2018 Nov 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had this problem also and tried the solutions as well. Nothing works

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

So I contacted Adobe about Lightroom permissions and they fixed it remotely (huge relief).

About the Kernel Panics I had to contact Apple and after many calls, one tech guy gave me the right answer with his "I can't believe nobody told you this"

Shut down and start up Mac:

Immediately press and hold together "Option + Command + P + R"

Continue to hold until you hear the startup sound 2 times. Release when you hear the second.

Link:

Reset NVRAM or PRAM on your Mac - Apple Support

This got rid of my kernel panics.

But you will have to contact Adobe for any Lightroom issues as they had to go deep in the folders to fix this issue.

Best!

Julycastle.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to login as the computers administrator to change the permissions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried creating a new admin-capable user on the Mac and running Lightroom from that account? That is a good diagnostic tool.

What's usually going on is that the Library folder in your home account due to the way that you probably restored your Mac is not owned by the user that you are running with. The trick is to show the Library folder in finder. Open a window and go to your home folder. In View options (the View menu in finder), select "show Library folder". The library folder should now be visible in Finder. Select the Library Folder and do a "Get Info" (command-I or the file menu). Look at the bottom for access. It should show on top your username with (me) appended as read and write access and second everyone as having no access. If it does not show that, click the tiny lock icon, authenticate as an admin user (should be your main account!) and fix the permission to show just you as read and write and everyone as no access. Now apply this to enclosed items from the tiny gear menu. If the permissions were correct, authenticate and only do the apply to enclosed items thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 16, 2020 Oct 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This fixed the problem for me. Thank you for the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

So I contacted Adobe about Lightroom permissions and they fixed it remotely (huge relief).

About the Kernel Panics I had to contact Apple and after many calls, one tech guy gave me the right answer with his "I can't believe nobody told you this"

Shut down and start up Mac:

Immediately press and hold together "Option + Command + P + R"

Continue to hold until you hear the startup sound 2 times. Release when you hear the second.

Link:

Reset NVRAM or PRAM on your Mac - Apple Support

This got rid of my kernel panics.

But you will have to contact Adobe for any Lightroom issues as they had to go deep in the folders to fix this issue.

Best!

Julycastle.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad you got it fixed. Didn't realize from your first post that you were still having kernel panics as it sounded like you got that dealt with, otherwise I would have indeed suggested the pram reset. It is an old tip (I've been resetting pram and nvram on Macs for over two decades) but still relevant tip on all but the very latest Macs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines