• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to modify a saved book

New Here ,
Nov 25, 2018 Nov 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all - I put together a book and saved it in the Book module of Lr and sent it to Blurb for printing.  When I got the book back, I noticed some flaws that I'd like to change.  However, when I go to the saved book in Lr, it doesn't seem to allow me to make any changes to the pages I've already saved.  Is there a way to make changes?  I want to move some of the cells and change some of the photo text.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is your Lr Version Number from Help > System Info... ?

(Several forum threads are indicating that Classic v8.0 has severe bugs with the Book module.)

Normally I would re-open the Book from the Collection panel by Double-clicking on the "Saved Book" collection (or click on the arrow that appears at the end of the Book collection name), then continue editing the book for the changes to pages, photos, etc.

I also suggest you first make a Duplicate of the Saved Book Collection by the menu from a Right-click on the Saved Book Collection, and make your changes to the 'copy'.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - My Lr version of the CC Classic is 8.0, build 1193777.

My problem is that for pages that existed in the book I saved about a month ago, I can add cells to a page by right-clicking - but I cannot move or adjust any cells that are currently there or change the photo text.  I am able to have total control over any pages I ADD.  This is true whether I am working on the original saved book or the copy you suggested I make.  I want to move many of the cells that I previously created because when I received the printed book from Blurb, I saw that some of the cells were too close to the edge of the page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For your book editing just give Classic v8.0 the "Heave Ho" and go back to v7.5 from the CC Desktop App.

I do not trust v8.0 for any of my book editing. Just search the forum for "Book" and you will see many with Book problems in v8.0

To Move or Adjust cells- best you can do is to change the Page template, and/or, adjust the padding (margins) of the existing cells. You cannot 'move' cells on the page.

For example- I have been testing a simple Book in v8.0 and I re-open it to test your problems, and the images are not showing on the pages. I read elsewhere that increasing and purging the cache fixes things, but not for me! So big problems!

ScreenShot478.jpg

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2018 Nov 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now that you mention it, I created the book in the previous version of Lr!  How do I reinstall the older version - and will I lose anything in the process?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I uninstalled v8 and reinstalled 7.5.  I still cannot change the size of the individual cells of the book I'd previously created under 7.5.  It appears that Lr treats the entire page at a unit.  I can enlarge or decrease the size of the individual pages as a whole, and for my purpose, that will be OK.  I won't be so quick next time to update Lr right when the new version comes out,.  Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I cannot be sure why you are having the problem with cell size.

Adjusting Cell size was introduced in Classic v7.5 so should be possible- https://www.lightroomqueen.com/whats-new-in-lightroom-classic-75/

I can enlarge or decrease the size of the individual pages

I do not understand the meaning of this statement.  Page Size is determined for the 'overall' Book dimensions- 'Size' in the Book Settings Panel. I do not believe it is possible to change the size of "individual pages".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - Yes I know one is SUPPOSED to be able to adjust the individual cell size - but that's my point - I cannot do it.  When I click on any cells that I previously created before updating to v8, nothing whatsoever happens.  No bounding boxes to adjust.  Oddly enough, I can ADD new cells and adjust those, but cannot do anything with the ones I'd previously created.   I CAN add new pages and on those pages everything works as it should.

With my comment about adjusting pages, what I meant was this.  It appears that Lr is regarding all the cells on a page as ONE cell not separate cells - and I can adjust the size of the combined cells a bit - expand the combined cells a bit or shrink them a bit to fit better on the page.  So instead of having, say, 8 different photos on a page, each with adjustable cells, Lr seems to regard all the 8 photos as ONE big image.  I didn't mean to imply that I was changing the page dimensions.

Hope this is clearer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We are the growing community of problems with the Classic v8.0 Book module.

You should add your problem at- Lightroom Classic CC | Photoshop Family Customer Community

where Adobe staff are more likely to read.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines