• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can not install on Windows 7 32 bit

New Here ,
Nov 21, 2018 Nov 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have downloaded "install_flash_player_ax.exe" and Enabled Shockwave Flash Object. The installation proceeds as expected and I click done. The program does not install. IE 11 is installed but not running. Appreciate any suggestions.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 22, 2018 Nov 22, 2018

Adobe Flash Player is not an app do it won’t show up in the start menu, if that’s what you mean by “all programs”. It shows up only in web browsers. Often you need to jump through hoops to enable it, because the browser makers want to annoy you.

How do you check for it? What browser do you have?

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Nov 22, 2018 Nov 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You say "the program does not install". What do you mean? Do you get an error message - what? Or run a test to see if it is installed - what, and with which browser?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By "does not install" I mean that the program is not shown in "All Programs" and when I use to the program to check for Adobe Flash Player it says the program is not installed. I do not get an error message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Flash Player is not an app do it won’t show up in the start menu, if that’s what you mean by “all programs”. It shows up only in web browsers. Often you need to jump through hoops to enable it, because the browser makers want to annoy you.

How do you check for it? What browser do you have?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using Adobe - Test Adobe Shockwave Player I was able to get the program installed. Thanks  for your response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 26, 2018 Nov 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The page you link to, Adobe - Test Adobe Shockwave Player , is for Shockwave Player, not Flash Player.  These are 2 different products, however, both are browser plugins.

The file name you mention in your first post, install_flash_player_ax.exe, is Flash Player, not Shockwave Player, as such, using Adobe - Test Adobe Shockwave Player to test whether or not it's installed will not work.  You can use https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player.html instead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines