• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Contact phone or chat support not possible?

Community Beginner ,
Nov 26, 2018 Nov 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am desperately trying to get help from Adobe support. Whatever I do - the only option I am left with, is the forum. I have a full CC Abo which tells me I am entitled to chat or phone support. I am logged in at my account but whatever support option I use - its always directing me to the standard support page where I click which product I need support with (photoshop not even listd ther?), what type of problem and then - I am only left with the forum option - no link to trigger chat, no phone number to contact support directly - it is like fighting windmills.

Please Adobe - I am your customer for more than 15 years now and hang high and dry now with your products without help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try the Licensing option.

What is your problem?

Also this is the Lightroom Classic forum and not the Photoshop forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried all options - ending up allways on the same supprot page with Forum the only option awailable.

My problem is - when opening a dng file directly out of lightroom, all editing funktions are grayed out. When opening the same image directly from the disk it opens with RAW converter and after clicking the open button everything is fine. Also, when opening a tiff or jpeg image out of lightroom, all is fine.

This worked ok untill the last updates, I have not changed any preferences or settings in Lightroom or Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a known bug in Lr8. The temporary workaround is to open Photoshop first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had similar issues. Trying different options with respect to what you are looking for sometimes yields a phone number although the individual I spoke with did not have a solution for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In adition to my previous post - whatever the problem is - why does Adobe make it extremely difficult if not impossible to contact support in any way? I'm not a newcommer and it was easer in earlier days. Just looked into my accounts support log - last time it worked fort me was in 2016.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As above. It is a Known Bug. For the time being open PS before you send any LR image file to it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Clearly they want you to chat first, then escalate to a phone call, so, start the chat, and enplane that you really need phone support as this chat is not working. Work with them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't get to chat to begin with. Anyhow, my imidiate problem is solved.

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines