• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Missing link to original photo

Community Beginner ,
Nov 26, 2018 Nov 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Probably by some problematic manipulation of folders, Lightroom Classic doesn't find the originals of certain of my collections. It looks in my backup drive as previous location where they no longer are, even if the same folders seem to still be in my Lightroom folder on my internal drive, in the Pictures folder were all the other pictures are. When I try to tell Lightroom to go the the internal drive folder and when I click on the actual folder I get an error message.

I have over a thousand pictures in sub folders of the problematic collection, so I do not want to go through finding each individual files to recreate the link... How should I proceed? Should I move the folder from Pictures to my external drive and then drag them back to my internal drive within Lightroom?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Similar error(s) can relate to a buggy plug-in. One that keeps coming up is the LogiOtions plug-in  for Logitech craft keyboards.

Other plug-ins might cause similar issues.

Now the LogiOptions ones, seems to come up when you remove images, after all images get removed, up comes a similar eror message, in that case, no big deal.

Yours appears nastier.

First thing first, go in and manage your plug-ins, bring that dialog up, check for any errors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

P.S. perhaps a screenshot of your folders panel will help???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, outside of LR, can you view the folder in question? Finder in MAC, File Explorer in WIN.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 27, 2018 Nov 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes the folders are in my Pictures folder.

I did turn off 3 plug-ins: Flickr, Facebook and Nikon.

This morning, I was able to link the folders with a question mark to the actual files on my HD in the Pictures folder, so the issue semmes resolved.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 27, 2018 Nov 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So, this morning it works. Excellent.

I take it you turn your computer off at night, so now after a cold boot things work? An if you tried that before and it did not work then the following does not apply:

Shame on me for not suggesting a reboot, a cold reboot. Cold reboots can clear all sorts of odd issues up (typically because something in RAM is fouled up)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines