• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AcroCEF

Community Beginner ,
Nov 27, 2018 Nov 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everytime I boot up AdobeReader, my mac fans go on overtime. When I check the Activity Monitor it is AcroCEF.

I need to kill this programme or kill Adobe apps on my computer. This is stupid. And there seems no way to tell Adobe about this except these forums. Stupid stupid stupid.

Anyone got a problem or even better a solution

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 27, 2018 Nov 27, 2018

Just spent a long time on the phone with Adobe. You need to have a new update on Acrobat and apparently it controls AcroCEF a lot better! Update does not load automatically and you have to also unpick various prefeerences and plists! Complex process for a an update!

Thanks for your help

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some suggestions here AcroCEF consumes all memory and CPU resources whenever Acrobat DC is launched. What is this process,...

If you don't use send for track etc. or html componenets, signatures etc.

Locate the AcroCEF folder in Library and then change the name to something else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've read the old post. Pretty unhelpful. I'll try to avoid using Acrobat. Useless.

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pete - sorry you feel that way.

It is an old post, maybe some one else will come along with the help you need.

By all means Acrobat is not useless, just something has gone a bit awry on your system and I'm happy to assist you in finding a solution that fixes it.

If you feel you need more  help you can always contact customer support

Contact Customer Care

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Eugene

Thanks for the help. When an app suddenly starts making your fans turn on at full speed and takes over 104% of your CPU time, it is useless. Since the last update it has stopped being functionable for me. I need to go back to using Apple preview app to read PDFs and so on. So the term "useless" is a context-based truth at this moment.  I'll reach out to customer care but to be fair I tried to do this and was only given the forums as the option to get customer help.

Have a better day.

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

petep16711888  wrote

I need to go back to using Apple preview app to read PDFs and so on. So the term "useless" is a context-based truth at this moment. 

Hi Pete,

Also, when you vote on User Voice, you can subscribe to the thread so you can hear when they have a fix.

Be aware that Preview does not do a very good job of displaying PDFs properly, especially forms, and more especially calculations in forms. It will do okay with some PDFs, but not all. IMHO, Preview is (also) useless for PDFs. I am not personally having the fan issue on my iMac or MacBook Pro and don’t know why it happens on some systems and not others.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I’m on the phone to Adobe right now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pete

Completely understand your dilemma.  Definitely worth adding your voice to the link above.

I just added mine.

Would love to see this fixed!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just spent a long time on the phone with Adobe. You need to have a new update on Acrobat and apparently it controls AcroCEF a lot better! Update does not load automatically and you have to also unpick various prefeerences and plists! Complex process for a an update!

Thanks for your help

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pete, is it actually working now? If so, mark your answer correct so that others who search can find the solution. Either way, though, please let us know after you give it a little bit of time.

Cheers,

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

petep16711888  wrote

Everytime I boot up AdobeReader, my mac fans go on overtime. When I check the Activity Monitor it is AcroCEF.

Hi Pete,

This forum is a user forum; there is a separate forum for bug reports. I just checked, and this has been reported at User Voice. It currently has 10 votes and (yay!) has been flagged by the engineers as “Under Review”. So this would be a really good time to click the link below and add your vote so the engineers can track (and hopefully fix) the problem.

Acrobat Pro DC (AcroCEF) eating up 21GB of memory and CPU time on Mac – Share your feedback on Acrob...

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apparently this problem is fixed in the latest update which you need to add manually under Acrobat help - check for updates. The update you need is:

Version 2019.008.20080

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2020 Feb 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dealing with this same nightmare over a year later, so I doubt the "correct answer" as of Nov 27, 2018 by Pete is the ultimate solution. I can't even get Creative Cloud to load when AcroCEF stops working. Is there still no official fix for this by Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2020 Feb 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem. My fan was going full throttle. I looked at activity monitor and 97% of my CPU is being used on AcroCEF and I do not have any adobe product open. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2020 Mar 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same problem and there is no update to download right now...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2020 Mar 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 08, 2020 Oct 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2022 Oct 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to have a new update on Acrobat and apparently it controls AcroCEF a lot better. I face same problem on my work on sweden website: RF Radio Frequency 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 17, 2022 Oct 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

MOVED TO THE ACROBAT READER FORUM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines