Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic CC Raw File Sync mit Cloud

Community Beginner ,
Nov 26, 2018 Nov 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

ich habe da ein mittelschweres bis schweres Problem.

Nachdem meine Festplatte am Rechner abgeschmiert ist und ich alles neu installiert hatte, wollte ich über die Synchronisation aus Lightroom classic CC meine Bilder wieder runterladen.

Das ging auch soweit, nur ist mir dann aufgefallen, dass es nur Startobjekte waren und nicht die original RAW Files.

Wie bekomme ich nun meine RAW Files wieder synchronisiert?

Hat da jemand nen Ratschlag für mich

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 27, 2018 Nov 27, 2018

You should do your back-ups ... even with a full fledged cloud service.

Lightroom CC uploads your data including the full resolution RAW files to the cloud, but still I and other professionals still think that this is not an ersatz for a good and correct backup strategy. It can help to make your life a little less stressing.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately Lightroom Classic does not synchronize full raw files (Add your vote here if you think this is a sorely missing feature: Lightroom Classic: Should be able to Sync full raw files to the cloud, not just smart previews | Pho...​. To upload full raw files to the cloud you have to use Lightroom CC unfortunately. You can use CC in combination with Classic if you are careful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could be a good option, however presently you can sync Lightroom Classic Collections to the cloud storage without it utilisation of your paid cloud storage. For sure if you are allowed to store your full size files raw or processed you will have to pay for additional storage.

So you will have to pay for storage of your original files in the cloud and the cost of storage on your hdd/ network storage.??

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My German is not perfect but what I understood was that holger_jo had a hard drive failure and was hoping that they could just set up Lightroom to sync from the cloud and get their images back. Unfortunately they discovered that the images in the cloud were only smart previews and not full raw. So the problem is that they thought that synchronizing from Classic would give you a backup which unfortunately is not the case. You really need to have a real backup strategy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 27, 2018 Nov 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, it was my mistake, thought that it is a german forum therefore I wrote in german!

Thanks for the asnwers but the problem is the following:

The RAW files are stored in the cloud but when I syncronize Lightroom Classic with the cloud, they will not be downloaded, only the Smart view is downloaded.

How can I get back my RAW files from the cloud?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If classic downloads only smart previews, there are only smart previews in

the cloud and there are simply no full raw files stored on the cloud. If

these were originally uploaded from Classic than this is expected. Classic

can only upload smart previews.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

but when I login to the cloud by browser, I can see the CR2 files, so I think that these are the full raw files in the cloud.

I didn’t know that classic can only upload smart previews to the cloud, I thought it will upload the full RAW file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

holger_jo  wrote

but when I login to the cloud by browser, I can see the CR2 files, so I think that these are the full raw files in the cloud.

I didn’t know that classic can only upload smart previews to the cloud, I thought it will upload the full RAW file.

Unfortunately that only says that the original file was a RAW file.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

821B7D4E-2454-49E1-8B5D-6BA2C9451384.jpeg

As you can see it is a RAW File sand not a Smart Preview. This is a screenshot of a picture that’s is located in the cloud but it is syncroniced as Smart Preview to my computer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately it always says that in the web interface even if there are only smart previews in the cloud. If you open Lightroom CC on your computer, you can see that in the info screen (click the button). It will say in the sync status area that you only have a smart preview in the cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that's what smart previews are for. Giving you the opportunity to work fast in your standard environment or on the internet (lightroom.com). But when you export the edited file, Lr accesses the original RAW file. You do not see the difference as long as the RAW file is available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

holger_jo  wrote

No. This is a real surprise to many people. Adobe does not make this very clear. If you followed the link I gave above you would see that many people think this is a problem: Lightroom Classic: Should be able to Sync full raw files to the cloud, not just smart previews | Pho...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that’s really bad, because of the crash I don’t have the RAW files anymore and was hoping I can get them back from the cloud.

Then it will make no sense for me to have the cloud. I will check with an other cloud service where I can upload the full RAW files.

Thanks for your answers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You should do your back-ups ... even with a full fledged cloud service.

Lightroom CC uploads your data including the full resolution RAW files to the cloud, but still I and other professionals still think that this is not an ersatz for a good and correct backup strategy. It can help to make your life a little less stressing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Leider ist die Antwort auf Deutsch und Englisch die Gleiche: Die orginal RAW Dateien werden bei Classic nicht in der Cloud abgelegt. Es werden nur die sogenannten "smart previews" für synchronisierte Collections erstellt und in der Claud gespeichert. Obwohl diese Vorschauen eine gute Qualität haben und für eine Internetnutzung geeignet sind, sind sie nicht vollwertige Ersatzraw-dateien.

Ohne Backup schaust Du leider in die Röhre...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines