Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Open a picture in Photoshop - editing is not possible

Explorer ,
Nov 26, 2018 Nov 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

Since the latest update of Photoshop CC 2019 on my laptop i have a severe problem: when i work at in Lightroom on a picture an i want to open it in Photoshop ("ctrl E"), the picture opens there automaticly as i am used to, but i cannot edit anything, neither change something within the picture nore (which is important for me a s a press photographer) edit the metadata.
The only solution i have found by now is to open the picture in photoshop via photoshop itself (which takes much longer and does not allow me to keep recently changes from lightroom and leads me through camera raw first), then i can make all the changes i want to (which particularely is to import a special capture i get from a agency i work for, which is formatted in *.xmp). Afterwards i have to accept the changes in lightroom.
This is very bad for me because it takes much longer to do this then it did before...

I do not have the same problem on another laptop, where i have not updated photoshop for the very last verion...
Hoping to get help here...
Regards
Oliver

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 27, 2018 Nov 27, 2018

It's a known bug.

The way to get around it is to open Photoshop first, then Ctrl E in Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Nov 26, 2018 Nov 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

P.S.: To proof if it is a problem with the newest update i (and i regret it now) updated my photoshop version on my desktop -> same problem there now: take a picture from lightroom -> ctrl E -> it is opening in photoshop, but i cannot edit anything there...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 27, 2018 Nov 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a known bug.

The way to get around it is to open Photoshop first, then Ctrl E in Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you - this helps...
But i hope they will fix this bug as soon as possible anyway...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe has acknowledged this bug: Photoshop 20.0.1: Most functions in Edit, Image, Layer, Select and Filter grayed out for image opene... Please visit that bug report and click Me Too and Follow in the upper-right corner. That will make it a little more likely Adobe will prioritize a fix, and you'll be notified when the bug's status changes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines