• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

text formatting options in Book Module

Advisor ,
Nov 26, 2018 Nov 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am creating a book in the Book module in Lightroom reproducing historical records (deeds and wills) with commentary.  I want to do certain formatting with text that I am not sure is possible.  Specifically, I want to include underlined text and also superscript characters.  Are either of these things possible?  Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 26, 2018 Nov 26, 2018

Just experimenting after reading your post-

Some characters are possible in Lr Book by copying from Windows Character Map App. eg. the 'System' font.

I cannot find an 'underlined' font.

ScreenShot491.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Neither of those are possible unfortunately as far as I know. You might need something more flexible like indesign. Perhaps blurb's own book preparation app supports these.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just experimenting after reading your post-

Some characters are possible in Lr Book by copying from Windows Character Map App. eg. the 'System' font.

I cannot find an 'underlined' font.

ScreenShot491.jpg

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Nov 27, 2018 Nov 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great!  The superscript characters work nicely.  But no underline as far as I can tell.  That's a real disadvantage.  Perhaps I can do with bold instead of underline.  How did you get that - just by picking a font with a bold version?  Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 27, 2018 Nov 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

just by picking a font with a bold version?

That seems to be the answer. Font reliant!

ScreenShot492.jpg   ScreenShot493.jpg

Maybe you can 'fudge' the underline by drawing a new line with a dash, etc?

ScreenShot494.jpg

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines