• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how can I create a colour changing click button that will work in PDF reader? say original colour blue, click it, changes to green....

Community Beginner ,
Nov 25, 2018 Nov 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am currently working on an interactive ebook......I want to add a click button to

the bottom of each page that will change colour from blue to green if it is clicked on..

I am using publisher to create the book and then saving it as PDF.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 26, 2018 Nov 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For future questions about scripts in PDF files you should really use this forum: JavaScript

Regarding your question: Do you want it to change only once, or back and forth with each click?

If only once then set the fill color as blue and then apply the following JavaScript code as the MouseUp event of the button:

event.target.fillColor = color.green;

If you want it to change back and forth, use this code:

event.target.fillColor = (color.equal(color.blue, event.target.fillColor)) ? color.green : color.blue;

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 27, 2018 Nov 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you try67

sorry about the wrong forum but I am totally new to this kind of thing.......

the script you have provided, which software can that be used in? I am using publisher for my project

and then converting it to PDF.

again thank you for help and I am sorry for my simple questions.

Stephen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 27, 2018 Nov 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The script I provided can be applied using Adobe Acrobat.

On Tue, 27 Nov 2018 at 11:26, stephenc22263337 <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 28, 2018 Nov 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try67

many thanks as that has worked well for me once I downloaded Acrobat..

Thank you for your help, I hope you dont mind but I have one more question.

Can I use javascript to select certain words and then have them appear on another page?

regards

Stephen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is much more complicated. What do you mean by "certain words"? What do you mean by "select"? Where, and how, should they "appear"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so has your aware I am working on an ebook...

I wanted the user to be able to select the page heading example ( Hitlers war bunker) and then have that appear on an Itinerary/visit list page at the end of the ebook?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't do it with just any piece of text on the page. It's possible to add a button next to specific items that will copy them over when that button is clicked, though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oh ok well thats sounds like a good plan... so I can simply add a button next to the text and then they click that button and the text will be added to another page... I like that..

so how do I do that please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 08, 2018 Dec 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As the Mouse Up script of the button, enter something like this:

this.getField("Summary").value += "\r" + "Some text";

Set the "Summary" field as multiline to add each new piece of text in a new line, of course.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 17, 2019 May 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

This worked perfectly for a form I was creating - the feature to change it back and forth. But for some reason, when I try to set it to yellow it won't change back? Is there a reason why it won't work on yellow?

Also, if I want to set it to a very specific color, is there a way to use color codes for this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's working fine for me:

event.target.fillColor = (color.equal(color.yellow, event.target.fillColor)) ? color.blue : color.yellow;

To specify a specific color you need to use the Color object, which is a simple array with the color name space and the values.

For example:

["RBG", 1, 0, 0]

is the same as color.red

Note that the values are between 0 and 1, not 0 and 255 like in most places, so you have to adjust them accordingly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is odd. I am doing exactly that and for whatever reason it turns it yellow but on this specific color won't turn it back. I am changing it to transparent. I did this with both green and red and works perfectly; so not sure why.

I will try to find the RBG codes for the colors I am looking for then.

In the meantime, I did come across one more thing. On the ones I do have working, I would like it to trigger another button and or text box to turn to the same color if clicked. For instance, if they click the selection and the button turns green on page 5, I want it to trigger another button and/or text box on page 20 to also turn green. Is this possible?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

- It might have to do with the fact that color.yellow is a CMYK color and the rest are RGB... Although the equal method should convert them before comparing, according to the documentation. Maybe try it with a custom RGB yellow color.

- Sure, that's possible. You can do it like this, for example:

var newColor = (color.equal(color.red, event.target.fillColor)) ? color.blue : color.red;

event.target.fillColor = newColor;

this.getField("Name of other field").fillColor = newColor;

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok I will try the code - I did attempt to use codes previously but will play around with it some and see if I was missing something.

The example you sent works great! The only difference is I need the "trigger" button to also carry the action. So they are actually mimicking each other.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The code above will do that...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmmm...so that's also not working that way. I think it might be two reasons. (1) The platform I am in, Bluebeam, might have slightly different scripts and I will just have to do some more trial and error. (2) I have an update I'm running to see if that is the reason.

What is just so odd is it is working on some colors but not others - so the inconsistency is throwing me off. Will see if the update helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, if you're not opening the file in an Adobe application then that is very likely the reason for these issues.

I'm afraid I can't help you with that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 18, 2019 May 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok I will see if I can find an expert within the platform I am working. It's just super strange that it works for some colors and not others.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2019 Jul 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi try67,

I would like to change a no fill button to an orange button upon clicking the mouse.

Since I'm planning to use specific colours, I tried this code:

event.target.fillColor = (color.equal(color.["RGB",1,1,1], event.target.fillColor)) ? color.["RGB",1,0.6,0.3] : color.["RGB",1,1,1];

I replaced the colours with the RGB codes (not sure if I'm doing it correctly...) but I got this message:

SyntaxError: missing name after . operator 1: at line 2

Not sure what I should do...

Would really appreciate any help, thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 15, 2019 Jul 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your RGB values have to adhere to what the script expects, which is a value between 0 and 1. If your values are in Hex then you need to convert them to decimals, and then divide by 255.. If they are already integers between 0 and 255 then you just need to divide them by 255.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2019 Jul 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi try67,

Thank you for replying!

I've changed the RGB values to a value between 0 and 1 as seen in the code.

event.target.fillColor = (color.equal(color.["RGB",1,1,1], event.target.fillColor)) ? color.["RGB",1,0.6,0.3] : color.["RGB",1,1,1];

but the Syntax error message still appears...

Is my overall code wrong?

Sorry about it, I'm new to these, thanks for helping!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 17, 2019 Jul 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Change all instances of:

color.["RGB",1,1,1]

To just:

["RGB",1,1,1]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2019 Jul 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, I see!!!

Thanks for your help!! it works now!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2019 Dec 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Try67, 

Is there a way to cycle between three different colors (red, yellow, green, then repeat) with a code as simple as this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines