• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Typekit font turns "Dit aut om" into "EïLîáįJĤ".

Participant ,
Nov 28, 2018 Nov 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Synced font: Raleway

Version of Indesign: Fully updated CC as of 2018-11-28

As shown below, the font appears normally when searching for it - also indicating that it's been synced from the cloud. Previously I had some trouble with the regular version not showing in this menu. It only appeared after choosing medium (or some other version) and then choosing regular from the font style drop down menu below the main font/search-thingy.

Raleway_regular_search.JPG

This is what a standard Lorem Ipsum-place filler text looks like in Raleway Regular.

Raleway_regular.JPG

If I flip the font over to Raleway Medium the text shows without any hickups.

Raleway_medium.JPG

What gives? Any suggestions what causes this and/or how I can fix it?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Dec 07, 2018 Dec 07, 2018

The matter resolved itself. Weirdly enough. Had it for a few months - whined about it here - then it magically resolved itself. Yay!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you still check if you had another version of this font installed?

That is "the usual suspect" for glitches such as these. On the other hand, if you have a version installed, surely TypeKit would (a) overwrite it OR (b) not install the newer version alongside the older one ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Haven't previously had Raleway regular, but as visable from the font menu above - for a while, I tried and used a "free version" of Raleway medium italic. Odd that it's still there. I removed it. The system font folder doesn't contain any Raleway fonts at all and I searched the entirety of the local drive for "raleway" but found no instances left.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 07, 2018 Dec 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The matter resolved itself. Weirdly enough. Had it for a few months - whined about it here - then it magically resolved itself. Yay!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines