• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to disable: Edit pic in Photoshop > save > opens Lightroom

Community Beginner ,
Nov 28, 2018 Nov 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I am working in Lightroom and open a picture with rightclick "Edit in Photoshop" and than save it there (in PS) after editing it - it automatically changes back to Lightroom to display the new added version there.

I often just do a quick save (Strg + S) when I have a longer editing process in PS but want to keep editing. So it really distracts my workflow when this actions throws me to Lightroom every time. I am pretty sure I can disable this function somewhere but I just can't find it. This did not happen before I updated my computer to windows 10 last week. So I really hope this function is optional.

Can somebody please tell me where to find the matching setting to disable this function.

Thank you,
Stefanie

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Stefanie,

Sorry to hear that Lightroom is not working as expected after you select the "Edit in Photoshop" command. I'd recommend that you take a look at the steps mentioned in this article 'Edit In Photoshop' command missing  and let us know if that helps?

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am able to edit in photoshop. This it not problem.
But when I save the image in Photoshop it automatically opens Lightroom instead of stying with Photoshop so I can go on editing there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This does Not happen on any of my 3 systems running LR and PS. Windows 7 on a desktop and notebook and an iMac running High sierra.

So this is something specific to your system and setup. Not certain what Strg is but on my systems to Save a file it is Ctrl + s, Windows, Command + s, Mac.

So it is a setting on either PS, LR or the OS you are using that is switching Program Focus over to LR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay great. Good to hear that there must be a way to set this "back to normal".

So I will check all preferences again. It has to be somewhere... 😄

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I personally don't know of any setting in LR or PS that would send you, switch focus, back to LR when a new file is added. So this might be an OS setting or something like a mouse setting.

Although it might be something like a Watched folder in LR in LR that when a file is added it take Focus away from whatever program has focus.

So check what folder you are saving the PS edited file to and what folder is selected as a Watched folder in LR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I never heard of watched folders but I checked it and I have none.

It is right that a photo that I have imported in Lightroom and edited and saved in Photoshop should be imported as a new version back to lightroom. So this import is not the problem.

But yes I don't want it to switch focus to Lightroom then. And id never did with Windows 7.

I will check in my OS settings. Maybe I can find something helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am using Windows 10. If I open an image in Photoshop and make modifications and perform a Ctrl/S then the modified image will be written back to Lightroom but I will remain in Photoshop where I can continue working on the image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines