Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting images with local adjustments takes FOREVER

Community Beginner ,
Nov 28, 2018 Nov 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I'm using Lightroom Classic version 8.0 [1193777] and am having a super frustrating experience while trying to export a photo that I've edited. I've done all of the slider edits and I've applied 3-4 local brush adjustments and a radial filter - nothing too major. When I try to export LR just hangs with the 'Export 1 File' in the status bar for over 10 minutes now - and I've tried this several times now without getting an actual exported file.

If I reset the photo to its initial state, it will export fine.

Someone, please help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE: The photo FINALLY exported after a total of maybe 15 minutes or so -- but that's still unacceptable for my needs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just exported a Canon 5d3 file with a LOT of edits, both local and global, to a full size 16 bit tiff and it took a few seconds.  Lr 8.0 and MacOS 10.13.6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Definitely isn't normal. What is the destination? What operating system? Please describe your computer set up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 30, 2018 Nov 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the delay in responding here.

I'm just exporting low res copies for Instagram usage and anything that has even the slightest local adjustments takes 15-20 minutes per photo. I'm on Windows 10 with a 2015 HP desktop that has had no issues up to this point.

Processor: AMD 8-64108 GB RAM

Plenty of free space on the hard drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TonyTha1AndOnly  wrote

Processor: AMD 8-64108 GB RAM

Plenty of free space on the hard drive.

I cannot find this processor via Google search. Did you make a typo?

Also, what is the size of your images in megapixels? (Do not tell me megabytes)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, sorry about the typo.

Processor AMD 8-6410 with 8 GB RAM

Images are 24 megapixels - shot on the Sony A6500.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This CPU gets one of the lowest scores I have ever seen at cpubenchmark.net

Brushing and spot healing are very CPU intensive.

So my conclusions is that there's still something wrong, it shouldn't take 15 minutes, but it should definitely take a lot longer than exporting the unedited photo.

Side issue ... do you notice slowdowns or lag when you do the brushing and/or spot healing? Is it minor slowdown, moderate slowdown, severe slowdown?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, it certainly isn't a powerhouse machine, but it has worked just fine with brush adjustments until recently. Applying the brush may at times cause a minor slowdown, but definitely, nothing that makes it unusable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I will throw out a few wild guesses

• The disk you are exporting to is extremely low on space
  • You are trying to export an extremely large HDR or Panorama
  • You have a very old and slow computer
  • Anti-virus program is doing something in the background with this file or with the exported file
  • Other program is running in the background taking up a lot of resources
  • You didn't put another quarter in the slot

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In response:

• Plenty of free hard drive space
  • This happens on any normal photo - not HDR or panorama
  • 2015 Computer with 8GB of RAM. I know it's not ideal, but it's never had any issues with LR or PS up until now.
  • This is happening with no additional programs open and only seems to affect photos with local edits. Photos with global edits export very quickly.
  • If this keeps up, I won't be able to make any quarters to put in the slot. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines