Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

bug to export

Community Beginner ,
Nov 27, 2018 Nov 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I often have a bug when I want to export from lightroom classic CC. When I want to select a file, it opens the window and then nothing, I'm obliged to quit.

I precise that I have the last version, updated and windows 10. The same  when I want to register an impression file.

Thank you for your help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Nov 28, 2018 Nov 28, 2018

Try using Lightroom with only your internal harddrive.

Disconnect/disable the pCloud drive and any external hard drives/ cell phones etc.

Then try Lightroom again.

If it works then reconnect each drive one by one until the problem reoccurs.

Lightroom has had past issues in particular with cell phones being attached while importing but I am not sure of the effect while trying exporting.

Let us know what happens either way.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1) I suspect the members will need more info.

Lets start with verifying LR version, license status, and a few oddities.

Accomplish this:

In LR click on Help, click on System Information, In the dialog box that pops up, click on the copy button. Paste the results in your reply.

2) Please provide screen shots of your issue, walk us thru the issue, one screen shot at a time.First I do this, then I do this, then .... until. and nothing happens.

Example

I selct the image, right click, and select Export

This screen comes up

I make my changes and click on the bottom EXPORT

And nothing happens

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your answer,

FIRST

Informations about the system:

Version Lightroom Classic: 8.0 [ 1193777 ]

Licence: Creative Cloud

ParamĆØtre de langue: fr

SystĆØme d'exploitation : Windows 10 - Home Premium Edition

Version : 10.0.17134

Architecture de l'application : x64

Architecture du systĆØme : x64

Nombre de processeurs logiques: 8

Vitesse du processeur : 3,3 Ghz

MƩmoire intƩgrƩe : 8155,2 Mo

MƩmoire rƩelle disponible pour Lightroom : 8155,2 Mo

MƩmoire rƩelle utilisƩe par Lightroom : 1497,6 Mo (18,3%)

MƩmoire virtuelle utilisƩe par Lightroom : 1475,7 Mo

Nombre d'objets GDI : 819

Nombre d'objets utilisateur : 2893

Nombre de processus gƩrƩs : 4431

Taille de la mƩmoire cache : 77,8Mo

RĆ©vision interne Camera Raw: 61

Nombre maximal de liens utilisĆ© par Camera Raw  : 5

Optimisation SIMD de Camera Raw : SSE2,AVX

MĆ©moire virtuelle de Camera Raw: 244Mo / 4077Mo (5%)

MƩmoire rƩelle de Camera Raw: 244Mo / 8155Mo (2%)

ParamĆØtre PPP du systĆØme : 96 PPP

Composition sur le Bureau activƩe: Oui

Affichages : 1) 1920x1080

Types d'entrƩe: Tactile multipoint : Non, Tactile intƩgrƩ : Non, Plume intƩgrƩe : Non, Tactile externe : Non, Plume externe : Non, Clavier : Non

Informations relatives au processeur graphique :

OpenGL: AMD Radeon HD 7500 Series

Check OpenGL support: Passed

Vendor: ATI Technologies Inc.

Version: 3.3.13399 Core Profile Context 15.201.1151.1008

Renderer: AMD Radeon HD 7500 Series

LanguageVersion: 4.40

Total Video Memory: 1009 MB

Dossier de l'application : C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Lightroom Classic CC

Chemin d'accĆØs Ć  la bibliothĆØque : E:\I lightroom 5 1er-2 (2)-2.lrcat

Dossier des paramĆØtres : C:\Users\utilisateur\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Lightroom

Modules installƩs :

1) Adobe Stock

2) Facebook

3) Flickr

4) Module externe de prise de vue en mode connectƩ Canon

5) Module externe de prise de vue en mode connectƩ Nikon

SECOND,

My approach in detail:

I select the image, right click, and select Export: this screen comes up:

Then when I want to select a specific file, nothing happens. I can't work anymore. I have to quit lightroom with the task manager.

I hope its enough to make you understand my issue. Unfortunately, I'm not able to have more screen shots..

Thanks again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, you are adding it to a catalog?

was that on purpose?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How are you doing those arrows? If I could make an arrow, I would show you this  box above: "sĆ©lectionner".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using a program called PicPick to edit screen shots. Automatically launches when you take the screen shot, has easy editing features in it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, just learned something new, should have known.

My inquiry into the adding it into the catalog is not the issue. Does solve one of my issues however. I will now keep that one checked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, in English,the box you want to point out is for defining where to export to, and the value in the box is typically:

Specific Folder

Below that, is a listing of what folder you specified.

I assume that folder is visible in Lightroom, in the Folders panel, and as you have selected to Add to catalog, the resultant image should immediately appear without a need for a sync.

But it is not.

And I have not answered your problem.

In the screenshot below, I see where you want the image to be imported to. Perhaps to the left, the Folders Panel, when you scroll down to 2018, is that the folder you are exporting to? and perhaps a sub-folder or more below that? How does that look? Any question (?) mark next to it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try clicking on the little triangle beside 'sƩlectionner' and choosing one of the other folders from the list,

then click on 'sƩlectionner' and see if it lets you select a new folder (if that does not help try clearing the list)

Capture2.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 28, 2018 Nov 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello?

Thank you for your answer.

Actually, this is not the main way I usually use, because I often need to create a folder.

Then, when I have choosen or created my folder: (please, don't pay attention to the different modules on my pictures, the way is the same)

This is the way I used to do. But sometimes (too often for me), Lightroom is blocked at the second step, and nothing more can happen.

I hope I'm clear enough.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello?

Thank you for your answer.

Actually, this is not the main way I usually use, because I often need to create a folder.

Then, when I have choosen or created my folder: (please, don't pay attention to the different modules on my pictures, the way is the same)

This is the way I used to do. But sometimes (too often for me), Lightroom is blocked at the second step, and nothing more can happen.

I hope I'm clear enough.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>> "Lightroom is blocked at the second step, and nothing more can happen."

Please clarify: Does the problem happen when you select a destination folder in the Windows window and click on "Selectionner un dossier", or does it happen when you click on "Exporter" in Lightroom's Export window? What exactly happens? Nothing, the jpg just isn't written? Or does LR stop responding?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem happens when I am exactly with this window: Lr stop responding: I cannot either choose a folder, or select, or close the window. The only option is to close Lr with the task manager .

Thank you for being so patient

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This sounds like a problem with the communication between LR and Windows, but I have exactly the same setup and it is not happening to me. The only difference I see is that you have a slightly older version of Windows than mine. Adobe posted a notice a while ago about the minimum Windows version supported by LR 8.0; maybe your problem is connected to that. You could try to update Windows. Upcoming Changes to Photoshop and Lightroom OS Support for Windows and macOS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 30, 2018 Nov 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, I'll try to resolve my problem with yours propositions.It may be a long time before I'll have time to.

I'll informe you as soon as I can.

Thanks again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I see your problem, In the left side panel of that choose folder dialog, you have This PC (Ce PC) selected, not the specific drive, Scroll down to the actual drive, select it, and navigate to any sub-folder you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try using Lightroom with only your internal harddrive.

Disconnect/disable the pCloud drive and any external hard drives/ cell phones etc.

Then try Lightroom again.

If it works then reconnect each drive one by one until the problem reoccurs.

Lightroom has had past issues in particular with cell phones being attached while importing but I am not sure of the effect while trying exporting.

Let us know what happens either way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 07, 2019 Feb 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry to be so late to answer.

Since I disconnected  pCloud, I didn't have any bug to export.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines